1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I continue or skip him?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Sundara, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Gay is sensitive issue in my country because of islamic culture and older people don't use technology much. But gays exist on website and app. I am not looking someone in my city, I know it's so hard to find mature guy because I like mature guy.

Young gays are dominated and they are everywhere. So, I skip to get a friend and being lonely is better.

Today I met a young guy by accident. He sent me text on website. I like his appearance, handsome, bald and mature looks and I don't know my feeling because I usually like mature guy. But sometimes being lonely kill me and I want friends.

Should I continue or skip him?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey @Sundara!

It sounds like you are attracted to this guy, but he simply doesn't fit within your pre-defined 'type.'

In reality, we are attracted to people for reasons that are far less characterizable than outwardly recognizable characteristics. However, even, if you feel comfortable with identifying a 'type" of partner that you generally prefer, you shouldn't limit yourself to people who fit within your pre-defined 'type.'

So, I would simply ask: what do you have to lose by exploring a relationship with him?

Just my thoughts.

3. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes quantum,
    I don't want lose anything in my life now, it is very heavy if I fall into deep relationship. Except, someone who love me purely in the future if I am ready to have partner/husband. I will do all out for him.

I know this is only for a while, because one day I will not stay in this city anymore. My job is moving to other city throughout my country. But my lonely heart say that I need to try to be his friend and I wanna a friend. May be I am attracted to his physical.

Perhaps, I should provide myself with realistic thought and if it finish, he will not attached in my mind.
    Is that a wise decision?

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, @Sundara,

You always have to do whatever is best for you and none of us online know your personal situation better than you do.

But, would it hurt to at least establish a basic (non-romantic) friendship with him? That way you could better evaluate whether or not there might potentially be something more significant between the two of you in the longrun or not.

5. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank quantum,
    I will go without expectation.

6. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with @Quantumreality that if you feel some attraction for this guy, then you should see where things go. I recently met a guy who is not "my type" but is nevertheless a good match for me. It's been fun getting to know him, a guy who is my age with a similar cultural background. I'm sure you'll learn about yourself if you explore a friendship with this guy. Of course, the complication is that you are not single, so be sure to be upfront with him and understand the implications of cheating in your country.

7. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I decided to skip him.
    I found a nice penpal from DC.
    We make a plan for meeting if I still live away from my family.
    Hopefully one day I can divorce and make a plan with him.

Thank you.