1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seeking younger partners(preference)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Jul 21, 2018.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let me first state when I mean "younger" , I mean someone is of legal age in my area. I know that word could vary in different areas around the world, since this is a worldwide community.

I have some interest in seeking a young partner if I do hook up again. Lately, I've been texting with guys on a "hook up app." I haven't hooked up with a guy since 2016 when my Iphone IOS became obsolete and I could not update the hook up app I used. When I got a new iphone this past May, I just downloaded the app again.

Anyway, I'm interested in a guy that's youngish looking and between 18-21. Why? It feels like its connected to some degree to a guy I liked in my first year of college. He was my roommate at a summer camp I attended prior to classes started. He was white, blonde, preppty looking, and youngish looking. Something about him, I felt some emotional/platonic connection to him. He and I never had sex. We did become friends, but we ended up having problems due to alcohol and some drug problems and maybe some underlying mental health problems. Anyway, whenever I see youngish looking white preppy college aged guys, it reminds me of that guy I met in August 2010.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So what, exactly, are you asking?

3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Why makes me seek younger partners? Was it my past experiences?

4. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How many times are you going to make this same topic?

Some people like a younger partner and some people like an older one, others like a partner around their own age. As long as it’s legal and everyone involved is consenting then it’s no big deal.

5. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree. As long as everyone is above consent, who cares

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... one can take the "as long as it's legal" approach if one doesn't care about the emotional health of the relationship. It depends on how big the gap is, and where each person is, relatively, in stage of life, but in general, significant age gaps, especially with people in their 20s seeking relationships with people in their teens (or vice-versa) are an almost guarantee of an unhealthy relationship due to power dynamic imbalances resulting from differences in things like life experiences, income, maturity, and various other factors.

To answer the OP's question about what makes you seek younger partners... there can be many different reasons. However, in your case, given that you have continual confusion about who you're attracted to, and are argumentative when people try to offer input and suggestions, I would suggest that all of this (including the younger attraction) is probably tied together and isn't a simple answer. More likely, it's something you will need to spend some time exploring in therapy.

7. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that it's bad that you like younger guys. The guys you are attracted to are still legal so It's okay. I wouldn't think too much about this. I just think that you have a preference.

8. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I didn't even think about that. This is not all the time but sometimes guys that look for younger partners are looking for predatory reasons or they are just emotionally immature for their age and have baggage to unpack.