1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don’t know if I should come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoolahoopycray, Jul 21, 2018.

1. hoolahoopycray

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys, so I’ve struggled with my sexuality for a longggg time and over the last year I have pretty much accepted that I’m probably bisexual although at the moment I’m really only interested in girls. The only problem is, I’m not exactly out, like at all. I guess once when I was drunk at a party last year I told a load of people but they all just thought it was because I was drunk as I later denied it and said I didn’t remember the night. I guess I’m scared of coming out because I’m worried that my sexuality will change or that I’m not really into girls because I’ve never dated one (I’m 18) so I was thinking I would wait to tell my family until I actually get a girlfriend and just tell them then. I feel like if I say anything about it now, it will become a big deal which I don’t want it to be. And also that then I’m trapped in some kind of expectation you know? The thing is, I really want someone to talk to about it. I’ve struggled and cried over my sexuality for over 6 years and never told anyone so now speaking about it has been built up into this huge thing in my mind and I’m really scared about it. I’ve lied to my parents so many times about my sexuality even though I know how accepting they would be. I don’t know. I guess I just feel kind of isolated? And I don’t know how I’ll ever meet a girl if I can’t even admit my sexuality to my own family and friends.

2. HDIGH

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Internet high-bi-five! Coming out is one of the hardest decisions we face. Especially for those of us who identify as bi. We end up feeling like we have to prove our sexuality and if we aren't in a same sex relationship we run into nitwits saying we're "faking" or "looking for attention".

In the end, who to/how/and when you decide to come out is entirely up to you and your comfort level. And never feel you have to prove or justify yourself.

If you need to talk never forget the EC fam is always here for you. Hugs!