1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I stop being nervous around my attractive manager

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rainy30, Jul 20, 2018.

1. rainy30

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m 23 and work part-time in a large retail store. I’ve been there for one year, and I am slowly noticing myself feeling physically attracted to my manager (a straight female). This woman is only two years older than me, and she isn’t someone I would ‘typically’ find attractive, but yeah, she’s GORGEOUS. She’s like some kind of goddess. She has these piercing blue eyes, a cute smile, long wavy blonde hair, and a beautiful, sexy figure. She is very ‘femme’. I actually don’t know her very well because I only work with her once a week (and the shop is always super busy). Though, from what I know, she’s a sweet and understanding person who works hard. Okay, to be honest, I am regularly attracted to people in authority positions

I get SO shy around her and never know what to say. I feel intimidated by her. She probably thinks I’m a quiet weirdo. She often chats with my other coworkers, and has a laugh, but with me she never says anything at all (unless it’s work related). I sometimes see her turn to look at me if I walk past. I just hate feeling so shy when she’s around! I wish I could find my voice and not let my attractions get to me. Please help - any advice? Any tips on how to deal?

#1 rainy30, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, she sounds gorgeous. I have a thing for blondes myself. :slight_smile: Secondly, I get you about being nervous. I'm not a shy person but I get simultaneously nervous and super outgoing with people I like. It's a weird combination. I'm basically a bundle of nerves and I work up a lot of bravado to hide the fact I'm scared out of my mind. The important thing though is to remember that even though she seems like a goddess of perfection she IS human. She is a real person with flaws and quirks just like you. Talk to her the way you would to anyone you respect and like. Start with really simple short and sweet conversations. Ask her how her day has been, talk about work, just make small talk. Eventually it will get easier but for it to get easier you need to keep putting yourself out there. Do you think she might like you the way you like her? Is she straight?

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also, a smile never hurts. :slight_smile: It can break the ice and help you feel more relaxed. If she looks at you just smile and I guarantee she'll smile back.

4. rainy30

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment and for being so understanding, as always! I guess my post was actually kind of pointless, because yesterday I had a sneaky look at her Facebook page and she posted a status tagging her new fiancee (a man), and she tagged him saying she is now engaged. There were about 400 likes and comments on the status - people congratulating her. Lol, why do I always have to develop a crush on straight girls!? Thank you anyway, for your advice.

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't feel bad. That's a bummer she's engaged. One day you will find a girl though who is perfect.