1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nonbinary??? but unsure.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Unknown737, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Unknown737

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have been questioning gender a lot lately. Sometimes I am extremely dysphoric with things but other times I can kinda forget it and ignore it. I don't know what to think. Like I am pretty sure I could just live as a woman and be fine (unless things change). I am just so unsure with myself all the time and lack the confidence to actually be secure with an identity. I am pretty sure demigirl fits me pretty well but nonbinary is the umbrella term that more people know. I have talked to a friends cousin who is nonbinary and described how I feel and they assured me that I am not crazy and that nonbinary is definitely the term for me.

I was just wondering if anyone else struggled with being confident with themselves? Cause like a lot of the time I hate myself but then Ill have one decent day and somehow talk myself out of thinking I am nonbinary... Why can't I just be confident in myself? I convince myself that I am doing this for no reason or that its irrational and im faking it all the time. Someone please help.

Thanks for your time!

2. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think with time you'll learn to quit doubting yourself. If you just give yourself time to get used to being nonbinary. Even, if you doubt yourself the whole way. As long as you stick with it you'll be able to accept yourself. I think everyone at some point doubts themselves. But, this is who you are and there's no shame it. You can't fake that, even if you tried. Wishing you luck on your journey~

3. Pink Blue

Somewhere on this tiny rock we call Earth
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi!

I know what you mean. I identify as non binary but sometimes I do question whether this is the right definition. There are definitely times when I question myself, my sex, my gender, my sexual orientation, just everything.
    The question that creeps up most often is if I might be a trans woman instead of non binary. What helps me in these situations is to take a deep breath and to take a good look at my body. Then I ask myself "Do I want to change anything about this, apart from things like weight and so on (i.e. those little things that most people want to change about their bodies)?" and . When I do this I quickly arrive at the conclusion that I do like and want to keep my biologically male body (I really couldn't imagine having a body that doesn't have any hair on it), and that my gender is neither male nor female, but something in between.
    It's the same with sexual orientation. There are times when I can only imagine having sex with men, or only women, or only other non binary people, but when I really think about it I realize that I don't have a certain preference for any type of sex or gender. It's just that sometimes I do prefer one gender over another, but that doesn't mean i'm not into other people. I'm still pansexual.

FortyTwo likes this.