1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got invited to pride? Huh?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have been wondering for a while now if my sister knew about me being gay.

Officially I came out to my mum and she told my dad, but it was unclear if word got out to my sister. Today she started talking about how there was still pride stuff going on in a nearby city, and asked if I wanted to go.

This took me by surprise. My stomach dropped a little as if it often does when I hear stuff that's LGBT related. I haven't really adjusted to talking openly about that stuff, and it still feels weird just hearing it mentioned sometimes.

So, I guess she knows and is just trying to show her support, or thinks it might interest me? Or is she just inviting me as a joint ally type thing and doesn't know?

Eh, she probably knows. One time she caught a glimpse of me on here, but I don't know if it was long enough for her to see what was on the screen.

Did my mum tell her? My dad perhaps? Or maybe she just has a hunch. It's also possible that she did see the screen long enough and just figured? Maybe she doesn't know and just thought hey, it's an event and you don't go out the house much, we should go! I don't know. Maybe she found the coming out letter somewhere.

#1 Canterpiece, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does it actually matter how and if she found out? She is obviously supportive so go along with it and enjoy whichever pride event she wants to go to. :slight_smile:

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. She sounds awesome. Have fun!

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's good she's supportive. Sounds like she probably knows, and that's okay. Take advantage of all support!

5. Loves books

My mother invited me to the gay pride march in the biggest city near us an hour and a half away. My aunt lives there too and we visited but we couldn't mention why we there because her husband is a religion based homophobe. My gay uncle invited me to the biggest pride in my country but I can't stand him so didn't go.

6. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She sounds supportive of the whole community and you so i wouldn't worry and just have fun.