1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling to accept myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LostLion, Jul 10, 2018.

1. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, everyone. I've posted a bunch of times on different topics in the past. Mainly coming out stories to friends, family etc...

Most of my coming out experiences have been decent to positive, but I have come to the realization that I am still struggling with accepting myself.

I haven't had a lot of sexual or relationship experience. The ones I have had, male and female, have been awkward. I struggle to view myself positively even after coming out to some people in my life.

Not really sure how to word things on this, but I'm def. looking for advice on how to accept myself.

2. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure what to say as I am still accepting myself. But, what helps me is talking to others about their lives and how they made it work. About their marriages and partners and the happiness they've experienced. It helps you understand that it's not as, "Abnormal" as you think it is. That who you are is acceptable and good. What are some issues you face, mentally, when you try to accept yourself?

LostLion likes this.
  3. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the response. My biggest problem is that I struggle to talk to people about my personal life in a sober or coherent manner. I do talk to some people who are LGBT about it but not very often.

I guess I often struggle with the idea of actually being in a relationship with a man. And sexually, I am shy and scared of having real sexual relationships with either gender. Also, any time I bring it up to straight people I feel awkward and uncomfortable.

4. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I think everyone is shy at first. Don't worry about jumping into that sort of thing. Take time to find the one that's perfect for you, and when that situation comes around they will love you and be understanding of that shyness and take things slow.

And well, what do you think a relationship with a man will be like? How's it different than that of a straight relationship?

5. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea. I've avoided hook up apps and have avoided letting friends talking me into anymore blind dates lol. I'm not ready for anything, casual or serious. But I do admit that I'm super lonely.

And in terms of a relationship with a man...I think that I am scared of not being able to have a functional relationship. My parents and sister know I'm bi, but the rest of my family does not and likely would not be accepting of a potential partner.

My religious community is against LGBT so it would be hard for me to have an open and healthy relationship. I also think my inability to open about my emotions will also be a possible problem.