1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News LGBT or Chic-fil-A?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aleko, Jun 14, 2018.

1. smurf

Or personally affected really.

I boycott because its the only reason to get big corporation to change their attitude of what they are doing.

Boycotts is the only reason why we got any of the rights for workers. People always say "ah, well we can't do this because its the bottom line that matters". Well, if the bottom line is the only thing that matters then you attack the bottom line.

If people don't think boycotts work then they are honestly just not paying attention at US history. Boycotts have always worked and will continue to work as long as they are well organized.

2. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    whatever. Do what you want. Doesn’t bother me. Just don’t expect everyone to join your cause. I make up my own mind. I don’t follow the crowd
    ver

3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We don't have Chic-fil-A (worst business name ever maybe?!) where I live so I can't comment but I doubt their food is anything but mediocre, i.e. KFC, Nando's etc.

Anyway seeing some of the comments here is kind of baffling. Sort of makes me wonder what would happen if Trump offered free chicken for votes - landslide victory maybe?

#23 Calf, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah it's actually pretty awesome food, and it's not just the food that makes people like it. They have by far the most professional service out of any fast food place, or even most normal restaurants. Unlike other fast food places they only hire good quality employees who are energetic and friendly all the time. 100% of people who walk through the door are personally greeted by the cashiers from across the room. Where I live there's just about every fast food restaurant within sight of each other, at all the rest my order takes 15-25+ minutes every time. At Chic-Fil-A no joke my order is ready within 20 seconds every time, I've barely even sat down and a smiling employee is already bringing it out on a tray to my table and offering me extra stuff like sauces. They then come back a few minutes later and ask how the food is. They also have a double drive thru to speed up drive thru lines because it's so popular even at 3 Am here. They pay their employees well too which keeps everyone happy, most other places pay minimum wage which is $7.25 an hour, while Chic-Fil-A voluntarily pays them $12 an hour with vacation days (and is raising it to $17 in some places) so their employees aren't suffering in poverty like other fast food people.

It's the whole concept of good food, treating their customers with respect, and not abusing their employees for profit that makes me like them.