1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LoveisLov, Jul 5, 2018.

1. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dont know what to do. I dont know how to ve happy and i have been feeling depressed for a few months now and i have even written a suicide letter. I want to do it but at the same time i want someone to stop me if that makes scenes i am so confused. I need help but i dont know where to go what to say or who to talk to? Please help

2. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you've written a letter and are serious about killing yourself then you need to go to a hospital. If not, I'm not sure how old you are but if you are still in school or college seeing a school guidance counselor would be a good idea. If not seeing your primary care doctor for a referral to a therapist and/or psychiatrist would be a good next step.

3. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im 17 and just out of school. Thankyou for your advice but what do i say to a doctor and do i take the letter with me and do i tell my parents first. I don't know if i can. Its really hard and.confusing at the moment but thankyou.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LoveisLov.....I agree with @Butterfly8, please find a counselor/therapist to talk to about this. There are just some times that we can not handle what life has thrown at us. I fought a losing battle with depression for many years until I got to the point of being only minutes from taking my own life. The wonderful people here on empty closets saved me that night and I will never be able to repay what they did for me. Believe me, I've been there and it solves nothing...it just leaves your family and friends hating themselves for not helping you. Help yourself and find someone you can trust to talk too...I did and it made a world of difference. I am happier now than I have been for many, many years...you can be too!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @quebec
    Thankyou for the advice and sharing what you went to. I have feeling this for months now and the first time i considered suicide was when i was 12 and mu dad was in my life eventually i got him out and o was happy. But at the moment it is worse then ever and i cant it is too hard.
    Who is it that you spoke to?
    Again thankyou!

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LoveisLov.....The person who really helped on the night of my crisis was @greatwhale. He is still here on empty closets and posts quite often. Another good person to contact here on EC is @Chip. He is part of the staff on EC. I survived for the first year that I was out here on empty closets...nothing and no one else. Then I finally said those terror-filled words "I am Gay" out loud to my first person face-to-face. He was a therapist that I had found and he has made a huge difference in my life. He is LGBTQ Qualified and is himself gay. I can't tell you how good it feels to tell someone all those secrets and fears that have been living behind your eyes for years and years. When you see them nod because they have felt exactly the same thing you know that you have finally found help! So again, I encourage you to find a counselor/therapist to talk to. If there is any kind of a LGBTQ Center near you, they will often have someone you can talk to. You could also call the Trevor Project hot line at 1-866-488-7386. They have people there 24/7 to help when you really need it! Please do this!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

7. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I apreciate the information and help, i do thankyou. It just is not that easy. This isnt because i am gay. There is so much more and worse to it.
    Thankyou!

8. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I told my parents!

9. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it normal to regret telling someone after you have told them?