1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding with KT tape?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pistachio, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey what’s up guys- this summer I’m going to be on a two week backpacking trip with a group of strangers and will be doing hard physical labour pretty much all day every day.

I have several gc2b binders and never leave the house without one one. I excersize in them (yeah I know I shouldn’t) and I would sleep in them if I could. These habits do, though, cause me to slouch and hurt my back. Normally I just shrug it off but I feel like 2 weeks of backbreaking work in a binder will really do a number on my spine. Not to mention I’m gonna be sharing a tent with other guys and I don’t need anyone knowing I have tits.

I have been considering getting some KT tape and using it to bind for these two weeks, but I have a couple concerns.
    1. I am about a c cup and I’m not sure tape will do the job
    2. I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to change it every few days considering I’ll be out in the wilderness
    3. I don’t know how safe it actually is to excersize wearing kt tape on your chest vs wearing a binder
    4. I don’t have the first clue how to put kt tape on, especially when you have a significant amount of breast tissue
    Basically I want to hear from people who may have tried kt tape, know someone who has, or just know something about it I don’t.

(ps. I’ve also heard of something called trans tape, does anyone have experience with that? Is it any better? Because it’s more expensive for sure)

Thanks for reading

- Andrew :^)

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    KT tape probably wouldn't work with a chest that's bigger than a B at a push. I used it often when I was in Thailand so I could swim in a tank top without having to wear a binder plus I could sleep and carry my rucksack being able to breathe which was a godsend.

1. Im about a c cup and I’m not sure tape will do the job

KT probably wouldn't, trans tape, being wider, might. Transtape is essentially the same thing as KT tape but they do wider versions which are definitely better for a bigger chest. A YouTuber called callmeladdie recently did a review on transtape (and shows you how to apply), it's bloody long but might be worth a watch. YouTube is a good place for tutorials on how to apply too.

2. I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to change it every few days considering I’ll be out in the wilderness

You don't need anything special to change it. Just scissors to cut the tape but you can do that and take it with you in strips before you leave. And a private place to apply.

3. I don’t know how safe it actually is to excersize wearing kt tape on your chest vs wearing a binder

It's safer seeing as you're not compressing your ribs or lungs. There's nothing dangerous about exercising in it. The danger comes from the fact that it can rip your skin and cause blisters and it can lessen your skin elasticity which could effect future top surgery results.

4. I don’t have the first clue how to put kt tape on, especially when you have a significant amount of breast tissue

The way to apply it would be to first preferably cover your nipples with something, a plaster or whatever, I didn't and it will rip your skin and that happening on your nipples isn't fun. Then cut off a bit of tape, longer than you think. Peel off the back until there's only a little bit of plastic left on one end and attach it to the middle of your chest, pull it back tight to one side so youre pulling your chest with it and attach it behind your back. You'd need a couple of peices. It only just worked for me and my chest is very small.

#2 Aberrance, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    My 2 cents - KT tape is okay, I use it sometimes to not fully bind but to distort the appearance of the chest so it looks more like pecs (which is easier for me as I’m a bodybuilder). I’ve found that the adhesive on KT tape can ‘melt’ in hot weather - used it in Egypt and Corfu, both times I had to change it daily. I doubt healthwise it’s safe to leave it on for days and days if you’ve got it strapped up tight and lots of it.