1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel Ashamed to go to Pride

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Japes, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Japes

i just need a little reassurance i guess...

basically i came out as lesbian a little too early and have recently discovered sexual feelings toward men, and ive talked to a few of my friends about this and have decided just to start again when i go to uni in a few months and find out exactly who i am over time

however, tomorrow is pride and im excited to go but part of me feels ashamed becuase i might not even belong there... i think im bi but i really am unsure at this point and im feeling ashamed to claim to be part of this amazing movement when i could be a fraud

some days i just want nothing but to find a girl to be with for the rest of my life and hold her and kiss her but then ill see a guy and my body will say "oo la la!", forget girls hes hot! but i dont really care about a relationship with him

I just dont get why my body doesnt seem to agree with my mind... do i sound like a fraud? is it ok to celebrate pride when im this unsure?

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

I'm questioning. I think I'm a lesbian but who knows. What if I'm just a bisexual in denial or a confused straight person? Who knows right? But I'm still going to pride this year because I want to. I feel drawn to the community. You can do whatever you want. Of course you can go to pride. It sounds like you're part of the community but if for some strange reason you're not(based on your post you are in my opinion), whatever happens you're still technically going as an ally. And that's okay too.

#2 RebeccaK, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2018
    Love4Ever likes this.
  3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to be anything specific to go to pride. To be fair, you do sound like you are bi , but even if you are not, it's okay to go to pride as your confused self or even being straight. Go, have fun and forget about labels!

Love4Ever and Chiroptera like this.
  4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if you were straight, i think you would be totally welcome to Pride!

It's about celebrating LGBT love and showing our presence, regardless of who you are. As long as you are supportive, it doesn't matter if you are unsure, totally sure, straight, gay, bi, lesbian, trans, cis - go and have fun! Like Linning said, forget about labels! :slight_smile:

Love4Ever likes this.
  5. HDIGH

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go and have fun! My first experience with PRIDE was this year and it was fantastic! Gay people, straight people, bi people, trans people, couples of all shapes types and sizes, young and old families. And it was the most welcoming of environments I've ever seen.

Also hun, don't worry too much about labels. You might be bi. You might be gay. There's a Q in the alphabet soup for Questioning and thats ok. Take your time and figure out what works for you.

Hi-bi-five and enjoy yourself!

Love4Ever likes this.
  6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there. I totally get you. It's totally fine to be confused and unsure of what you want and to have that change from day to day even. And you're totally not a fake! Pride is for everyone imho, including allies. And bi people are also included. We're the b in LGB after all. :slight_smile: Either way, whatever you choose to identify as, or even not choosing to identify as anything, you belong at Pride and you should go if you want to.

7. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Straight people go to Pride all the time. Even if you're still questioning, you belong there just like everyone else. Don't be ashamed over it. :wink:

Love4Ever likes this.
  8. Naters2000

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay!! Don't feel ashamed, finding your sexuality is a lengthy process.

But your sexuality isn't applicable to going to pride. Going to pride is based on of you support the community or not. It's not like there is a "You must be this gay to enter" rule. Just be yourself, and if you want to go to pride, go for it! :slight_smile:

Love4Ever likes this.
  9. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As lots of people have already mentioned: everyone can go to pride, also people that are questioning or straight.

Love4Ever likes this.