1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does profession matter to you when it comes to relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe2001, Jul 4, 2018.

1. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I certainly don't think you're being picky. I think it's perfectly normal to wish to date someone with similar interests as your own, and I think expressing that through work is perfectly valid.

As for myself, I have a hard time with people who are completely content with a minimum wage job. I understand we're all at that point sometime, but a lack of desire to grow beyond that is just something I don't think I will ever understand. I also find firefighting to be an attractive career. That's probably a bit of a Freudian complex as my father is a firefighter; I also like it because it's such a selfless career. I'm sure other careers have the same effect, but I'm not sure which

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've wondered myself how much this may be a problem for future potential partners.
    I have a min wage job, work 60+hrs a week, and do it as a single parent of 3.
    Guess I just gotta hope I find another broke bitch and hopefully we can just be "less broke" together.