1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like the place where you live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BadassFrost, Mar 10, 2018.

?

Do you like the place where you live?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Hard to say...

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Auckland feels like a less rainy Melbourne with lower taxes, I'd be pretty happy to make the leap across the ditch for it.

2. DCSC

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I live in a beautiful part of the UK, rural but not overly remote. It's a bit backwards in terms of accepting LGBTQ and is stuck in its old traditions, but I think it's getting a bit better. I've enjoyed living here and have done so all my life; I was lucky to grow up in a place where my friends and I could roam free without much supervision. I am not out at all here though...

I'll be moving soon to another part of the UK, again beautiful but in a different way. It'll be an urban setting which I'm really looking forward to. I went to university there and have visited every year since graduating, so I treat it almost like a second home. I'm seeing it as a fresh start and hope to be honest with myself and others if ever my sexuality comes up in conversation.

3. bmutterb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have lived here in WV, USA my entire life, and it's safe to say that although I don't hate where I live, I am counting down the days until I can get out. The LGBTQ acceptance is very low other than with people my age - and there's not that many of us - and the general economy and way of life is not good. I will always love the Appalachian Mountains, but this just isn't my home. I'm not accepted here, so once I go off to college I'm never moving back here. Of course I'll come back to visit though - my whole family has lived in this area for years.

4. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I live in the crazy anti-lgbt land known as Arkansas. Where everything is backwards. I voted as "Hard to say.." because I loathe the choked up conservative attitude here. The close proximity of the KKK. The Christian bigots. The lack of any sort of diversity.. etc etc..,

But.. my hometown is beautiful. It holds very precious memories for me, but alas.. I could never (can never) be myself here. I am hoping to move out of here in a year or two. It is kind of funny... I'm scared silly of moving, but I'm also scared to stay.

5. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate the country, and my house. I hate nearly everything about it :slight_smile:

6. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

There's nothing here but retired people and mediocrity, certainly no one I can relate to.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've not eager to leave, but wouldn't mind living somewhere else. So I guess its bittersweet, something I love, somethings I hate.

8. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I currently live in Belgium, 10 minutes from the North Sea. I fkn love this country. I don't want to move away <3

9. NerdyMJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in a very small, very conservative town in Upstate NY that doesn't even acknowledge LGBT people. I've lived here basically by my whole life and have met maybe 5 people who are also LGBT. I have two of them on my Fb friends list, but we rarely talk. I tried starting a gay-straight alliance in high school, but the school board thought it was a bad idea because of all the homophobes in town.

I plan moving to the next town over which has a more active LGBT community.

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like my house a lot and am grateful that I get to live in a nice house with a big backyard. My neighbors and my neighborhood is pretty nice. However I don’t care much for this city or state. While there are some very beautiful scenery, there is also a depressing desert. Also the one thing I hate is how no one is from here and if they are from here they’re trailer trash. If they’re not trailer trash then they’re retardedly religious.

11. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Grew up in the Suburbs of Chicago, rented a couple crappy apartments, and a crapp townhouse in the burbs or Chicago while in my 20's. When it came time to buy a house, I wanted LAND.

Bought a house on 10 acres in rural bible belt Missouri. I like being able to shoot off my back porch. Sure it's a conservative area but my partner and I have more close Gay and liberal + conservative friends than we had in the Chicago area.

We have a Hippy Commune in the county and Gay Campground the next county north of us.

The job market sucks but I'm still working overseas.

12. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely LOVE my little student apartment in Seattle. The city is freaking beautiful, it's very LGBT+ friendly, and there's so much to do. I know that, at some point, I need to get outside the city and see the rest of the Puget Sound area, maybe even get up into the mountain passes, but I am just so in love with Seattle and the life I've started to build here that I feel like I could live my whole life within the Seattle city limits and be happy with it. :slight_smile: