1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had to label my sexuality, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NotQuiteANerd97, Jun 24, 2018.

1. NotQuiteANerd97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out as bi when I was 16. I felt pretty good about it then. But I had limited experience in general. I had only been in one relationship (with a girl), and had no same sex experiences at all. Overall, my luck with women has been piss poor to this day so when I came to college I decided to focus more on being with men, and through certain apps, made a few steady FWBs. I’ve had a lot of fun, but I would occasionally take a hiatus from the gay hookup scene and try to find something serious, preferably with a woman. I’ve always found them more attractive. For instance, there are women out there I find so beautiful that their mere appearance is enough to make me emotional. I haven’t met any guys like that yet. My attraction to men is mostly sexual.

Plus, given that I’m the only one in my family who can continue the bloodline, I really want biological kids, so that’s enough to make me crave a long term relationship with a woman. That being said, if having kids was either out of the question, or not a possibility due to a medical issue, I suppose a long term thing with a man would sound better, but like I said, there are very few men I find truly attractive. I’m picky I suppose. Hell, most of the guys I hook up with don’t meet that standard, I just find them attractive enough.

Hell, one time recently I went on a date with a woman I’d been friends with for awhile and we ended up just making out and cuddling in my room. It was amazing, granted things didn’t work out down the road. A few weeks later I got together with a male booty buddy, and to be frank, something about it felt kinda gross. Maybe that experience prior made me realize I’m straighter than I thought? I’ve been through kind of a dry spell recently but I’m thinking of romantic stuff isn’t feasible soon I might go back to the hookup thing.

TLDR: So I’m 21 now (and a guy in case you didn’t notice), and I’ve had five years to ponder it but now I’m seriouskh confused. Am I actually straight? Am I still bi? Maybe heteroromantic? I’ve romantically only been with women, and sexually only with men. But for long term, I lean towards women by far, but I suppose the right guy could come along but those odds seem so slim.

#1 NotQuiteANerd97, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Love4Ever likes this.
  2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! You sound bi to me. You're into men and like having sex with them as well as women. That sounds pretty bi to me. I'm like you in that I'm not an entirely balanced bisexual. I find way more types of men attractive than girls, though I would totally be with a girl if the right one came along. Emotionally I actually am way better with a woman but the male form really turns me on. So I understand the struggle of having different feelings for different genders.

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All it takes to be bi is to have some level of attraction for both genders. If you have that then you're bi.

RogerM likes this.
  4. Unknown88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Basically everybody is bi

Love4Ever likes this.
  5. NotQuiteANerd97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks a lot for the input. I always assumed you had to be attracted the same way to both sexes, even if you like more of one. I’ve thought maybe I’m bi curious, and my experiences with men were a phase but it’s lasted quite a bit, and I’ve really bonded with a few of the guys. Not to the point of dating, but enough of a bond to cuddle afterwards and talk. But like I said, I crave women a bit more, especially as of late. So maybe my attraction to men is just sexual and when I do have sex with a woman it may make me lose interest in men, but I don’t know.

6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree.

#6 Love4Ever, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Meander likes this.
  7. tystnad

tystnad Guest

I disagree with the idea that everyone is a little bi, but that said, i think you very well might be because you experience some sort of attraction to both men and women. i’m currently on mobile so it’s a bit hard to link them, but if you browse some of the topics in this part of the forum you’ll find a lot of accounts of people who are attracted to two genders but in different ways (i’ve seen multiple in the last week alone so they should be easy enough to find, if not, let me know and i can link you later) - for some it is genuine attraction, for others it’s learning to recognise their attractions for what they are and coming to terms with being gay. it might be very helpful to read through some of those experiences (&responses to them) to find stories that you can relate to — sometimes reading similar stories but coming from someone else can really help with realising where you stand!

regardless of whether you’re bi or not - don’t fret it too much. you don’t have to pick a definitive label. you don’t have to pick a label at all if you don’t want to (yet), but you’re also free to adopt one and change it later if your attractions change or you learn more about yourself. what matters is your attractions, and you seem to be well aware of those :slight_smile: