1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i’m lost...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnyy21, Jun 23, 2018.

1. sunnyy21

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I’m a bisexual female (16) but i lean towards women. i love in a very mormon populated area and am growing up in a mormon family. my mom is sooo against the lgbtq+ community and i could NEVER tell her. a lot of my friends know and they are super supportive but it just isn’t enough. i want friends that i can relate to and i want more than anything to fall in love with another girl. buts it’s sooo hard to find anyone where i live. any advice on anything??

2. LoveisLov

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey @sunnyy21
    I'm 17 and in a similar position but non of my friends know and only my brother. It is hard to find someone, i only dream of finding a girl that i can fall in love with. Why not try a dating app or something. Sorry i cant give better advice, as i said im in a similar position.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sunny21.....Hello and welcome to empty closets. I live in Southern Idaho...I understand the Mormon influence. I'm not LDS myself, but I was a high school teacher for many years here and have talked to a lot of LDS kids who were in a position like you are. It's probably not advice that you want to hear, but you will most likely have to wait it out until you are out of the house and/or financially independent. Until then your parents will have enough influence on your life to make being out and in a relationship with a girl very difficult. Be very careful who you tell about this....if your friends find out it's very likely they will be forced to tell their parents and yours will know pretty quick. Stay with us here on empty closets. Let us be your contact with your LGBTQ family until you are more free to be you! Please do keep us updated...we do care.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: