1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my mom seemed uncomfortable...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Love4Ever, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    UPDATE (Again, IK)
    So, good news! I think my mom actually officially came on board with the f/f couple in the show we were watching. I think she got used to it and even liked it! My sister and I and her were all rooting for them and frankly I felt so much better about everything. Thank you for all the help i've gotten here. I feel okay about all this now.

Mihael and tystnad like this.
  2. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, @Love4Ever! That seems like you're just about ready to come out to them- you don't have much reason to think they won't accept you for who you are.

Love4Ever likes this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay. I’m so glad you are feeling better. Questioning and com8ng out or being 8n the closet are all really difficult passages to navigate, enjoy the good times and don’t be too hard on yourself in the bad. :slight_smile:

Mihael and Love4Ever like this.
  4. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was thinking you were watching Orange is the New Black. Lots of Lesbian sex scenes in that show.

When I came out my Mom mentioned she had a lesbian experience when she was in her 20's but nothing came of it. She was trying to argue that my being gay was just a phase that I needed to get past. Took some years but she eventually came around to acceptance.

I wonder if she wasn't uncomfortable as result of some experience she had.

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting. I've never seen Orange is the New Black. We were watching The 100, which though it does have a lesbian relationship is far from being the only thing in the show. There really was only one scene that could really be classified as a sex scene. It's so weird you said that about her having had an experience of her own at some point. I honestly have no idea. My mom doesn't talk about her younger years all that much and in many ways she is very traditional so I would assume experimenting with a girl would be off the table. However, there have been thoughts that crossed my mind. She also did have a very close friendship at one point with a girl when she was like sixteen, which I assumed for years was only a friendship, and only recently knowing I'm bi myself have I started to consider it in a different light. I really have no idea though, I only know my mom was completely heartbroken when she died very young after not having known her very long.

6. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just started watching The Fosters on Netflix. Kind of reminds me of Shameless but the family is not totally dysfunctional. Cute show that has a Lesbian Couple (good strong positive role model - characters) who adopt / foster a bunch of kids. Not sure how I missed this show when it was on. Looks like it ended with 5 seasons this year.

Orange is the New Black is a women's prison show. I've only seen a couple episodes, but if you want to see Mom really uncomfortable, they have some almost graphic female oral sex scenes.

Love4Ever likes this.
  7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol. I may have to watch that on my own then!

DRobs likes this.