1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outed to a family member

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by e6000, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Guywest79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hear you...guess as former instructor of mine said. "Ride horse in direction it's travelling."..means: do what you have to I guess....keep parents happy

2. e6000

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I'm worried that they wouldn't keep helping with my tuition if I didn't stay on their good side, and I'd rather not throw away the only thing I've ever wanted just because I'm gay and trans.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    aroacetech.....You don't have to throw away your college because you're gay and trans. You may have to keep it from your family for a few years which is not good. But you do have your whole life ahead of you to show them who you really are. Then they will have to either accept you or you can just leave them out of your life...their loss.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. e6000

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. For now I do have to mostly keep it to myself, or at least, away from them, but I think I'd like to come out to them some time in the next decade, and I think if I'm going to have to put up with abuse for it, that I'll start to lose connections with them.