1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends that don't support my bisexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chelsea555, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Chelsea555

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there! So I've been recently really close to this girl that is constantly flirting with me but claims to be straight. I have even been a third wheel on ###### dates with her, and we had a great movie night last night. However, when I asked her to be my wing woman at pride next weekend she responded with "Haha idkkk"

I am disappointed, feel used, and frustrated. We are getting close, but now I feel that I need space and want to talk things out at the same time.

Anyone have any advice for me about friends who don't support their sexuality? Thanks!

2. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's a classic one. The friend who likes to flirt with her non-straight friends even though she claims to be straight. There's only two reasons that she could be doing this:
    1)She actually likes you, but hasn't had time to explore her sexuality and accept it
    2) She's a jerk who likes attention

You should probably talk to her about it. It will probably be an uncomfortable conversation to have, but it will also give you all you need to make your decision on whether to pursue her or jet.

Chelsea555 likes this.
  3. Chelsea555

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you are right. I feel she is scared to let herself feel anything towards me since she was raised so conservatively. That being said, I still want to spend time with her and see where it goes. We are so tight and don't get sick of each other's company. I think that it's something worth pursuing even if we just stay best friends for now.

Thanks for the advice!