1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to "Look" More Gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Love4Ever, May 23, 2018.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're welcome. :slight_smile: I would go for the girl. She sounds like a cutie.

RebeccaK and Mihael like this.
  2. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

Waiting for my order. I purchased a "double venus symbol" necklace myself. Can't wait to wear it! Might go to pride so I'll definitely wear it then.

Mihael, Love4Ever and kkou like this.
  3. Lesbibliophile

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This reminds me of the first time I tried to go to a gay club. I stood in front of the mirror for like an hour, just desperately thinking "DO I LOOK GAY ENOUGH???" Because I easily "pass" as straight, and it's a blessing and a curse. (Long story short, the club was empty and I went home in disgrace.)

I mean, the stereotypes would probably be a short haircut, like a pixie cut, or cut super short on one side in an asymmetrical style. (I mean, everyone has a pixie cut these days, but a slightly higher percentage of them are lesbians.) Also, most girls I know who have colored hair (blue, pink, silver, purple, whatever) are gay. (And short/non-fake nails, obviously.)

For clothes, they say leather jackets, plaid shirts, and henleys are common lesbian staples. But again, everyone wears those. You could also do some subtle rainbow stuff, like rainbow socks or shoelaces or something, if you don't want to go full rainbow.

But like the others said, it's probably more about how you interact with other girls that will clue them in. Prolonged eye contact and smiling is never a bad plan. And when I'm approached by a girl I find attractive, I'll immediately find myself drawing myself up tall and fixing my hair and straightening my clothes and putting on a smile, and I have to assume that someone interested in me would notice that.

kkou, Mihael, RebeccaK and 1 other person like this.
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is so true. You really can tell by body language. I figured out these two girls were dating just by the way they stood and talked together. It was more intimate than friends. They stood closer together, they leaned in. They spoke more quietly and looked into each other's eyes and it was just really different. Sure enough, I found out they were dating later.

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh btw, for femme girls, don't give up your image, you're so cute with the long hair and in your femininity! I mean, whoever you are, just be yourself and be comfortable in it and happy, because that's the most sexy and will find you a partner that will love you for you not who you pretend to be! There is nothing like someone loving you for who you are :slight_smile:

kkou and RebeccaK like this.