1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's it like kissing for the first time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGS, May 22, 2018.

1. RGS

RGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a 17-year-old gay teen and have never kissed anyone.
    What is it like kissing for the first time? Is there any specific tip or I just have to let it go naturally?
    I wish to hear from you guys so that I can get a deeper understanding on the issue.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It feels kind of awkward at first for most people since they aren't used to it, but it's also really nice and causes you to feel excited and get kind of a warm fuzzy feeling. I think it's best to let it happen naturally at first and try things out to see what you like before looking up specific tips for it. Don't try to overdo it the first time though - a lot of people try to make their first kiss really intense like in a movie and it doesn't really work out so well due to lack of experience. Starting out with just basic lip contact is a great beginning, don't feel pressured to get fancy with it right away, just enjoy the moment. The other person can teach you what you need to know if they've kissed people before.

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll be listening in on this thread. I am looking for guidance in this regard as well. But from what i've seen from movies, (great example I know) natural seems the best way. People are also different in what they expect from a first kiss. A lot of people don't seem to want to move too fast, so maybe go easy on the tongue or don't use it at all. Also some people don't like things to get too handsy, so settle for somewhere neutral like putting your hands on their hips or resting them on their lower back. If they are taller than you you could gently wrap your arms around their neck. Obviously, some people like it to be more aggressive than this though so this doesn't work for all, but their body will tell you what to do I think. Let them lead when you are kissing someone new and let them guide you into how intense they want it to be. Start slow, but don't be shy about turning up the heat if they want you to.

#3 Love4Ever, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  4. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will come naturally. Don’t stress about it.

5. bearhug1994

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My first guy kiss was awkward for me. I was at a gay club and it was the end of the night and they were Cutting the lights on telling people the bar was closing, and the guy I had been chatting with (most of the night), leaned in to kiss, I didn't know what to do so I just went with it. I felt him stick the tip of his tounge in my mouth so I went ahead a stuck my whole tounge back in his haha it was weird for me , I went outside and spit lol but he said i gave him a Bonner so I must have done ok for my first kiss.

6. RGS

RGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes I think this is a great option, especially if I want to create a romantic environment for the kiss. Also, I'm amazed by the idea of putting my arm around another guy's hips.

[QUOTE="Destin, post: 6597983, member: 92630"Don't try to overdo it the first time though - a lot of people try to make their first kiss really intense like in a movie and it doesn't really work out so well due to lack of experience. Starting out with just basic lip contact is a great beginning, don't feel pressured to get fancy with it right away, just enjoy the moment.[/QUOTE]

It seems that lip contact is the best way to get started on the issue. I won't try making it too intense for the frst time, after all, the other guy's experience, like you said, may influence on the kiss.

Thank y'all for the precious adivce.

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Glad we could help! I agree the hands on the hips is a great go to move. I am sure most guys would love that.

#7 Love4Ever, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  8. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I usually go for the butt, but that’s just me

9. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol. I wouldn't mind that if someone did that, but I suggested for a first kiss to maybe keep things above the waist. Just in case the other person isn't comfortable yet.

10. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let it come naturally. I remember I looked up a bunch of Youtube videos on this question. Long story short... Not too aggressive, don't rush, not too much tongue, just work with the signals you're getting from the other person. Hands at the waist is good I think, or you could lightly place them on the other person's neck. When the time is right, it's kind of an automatic response. Don't stress too much about it.

11. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good advice

12. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go with the flow :slight_smile:
    I agree, the very first time is awkward. But it feels really good.
    Go easy on it. Hug first. Maybe first kiss on the face (cheek, forhead, wherever) if you don't feel like french kissing right away, if you feel awkward. It's meant to feel good, people do it, because it feels good. It doesn't make sense to kiss if you don't feel like it or if it makes you uncomfortable. Just don't stress over it. A couple of kisses and you'll figure it out, and I agree, it's better not to go too extreme riht away. It will come itself, you will keep wanting more.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's such a nice yet really weird sensation making out (errm, kissing) for the first time. Honestly I don't really think reading about it can really help you prep for it. Just wait for you moment to come and enjoy it! :slight_smile:

14. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know but my best dream ever was about kissing, not sex. Hopefully it provided an accurate representation. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Too long ago. I don’t remember

16. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you sure you've just seen those at movies? You sound like a pro hahaha

17. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I dont think anybody would remember these tips for their first kiss! They would already be in cloud 9 haha

18. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha thank you. I hope someone feels this way. :slight_smile:

19. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very awkward at first if you don't like the person or you're just doing it bc they want to (story of my life) my first kiss was rushed and I regret it. But I'd imagine it to be amazing if it's with the person you love and cheerish

20. smurf

The thing about kissing is that its not a "natural" way to express affection so it is a thing that you have to learn how to do and you will only get better as you do it more and more.

The first kiss for most people is just plain bad and awkward. Usually most people remember with fondness more out of the feeling they got than the actual skill of said kiss, which should allow you to relax a bit.

You will be a bad kisser when you first start and that is fine. The good news is that you can practice and learn how you like to kiss other people because each person has their own way to kiss.

Take pointers, watch videos, and then allow yourself to be bad at it and when the opportunity presents itself just start practicing. Your best coaches will be other partners who will teach you what is working and what is not.