1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a straight friend that I think I have a shot with. I need help and I want to talk about it.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by IAS, Jun 15, 2018.

1. IAS

IAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay first off I posted this in the anonymous section too because I want to get as much feedback as possible. (Sorry I'm new here and don't know if that's against the rules or something. >_<)

Okay, so I have a straight friend I've known since the sixth grade and we have seen SOO MUCH shit together and been through just about every single thing you can imagine. Like, to keep it short, if you can imagine just the absolute perfect best friends who pretty much came out of the womb together, that's us and I FREAKING LOVE THE FACT THAT I CAN SAY I'M THAT CLOSE TO HIM!

Now here's the situation. John knows all the backstory that I'm about to give you but he doesn't know about half the stuff I'm going to tell you.
    So anyway like I said before John's straight and I fell hard for him since day one.
    Well actually that's a bit of an exaggeration, I always had thoughts in the back of my head that John was attractive but as time progressed and I got to know him for the truly wonderful man and friend he is, I quickly realized just HOW wonderful and how much of a good man John really is and that John is a man I don't want to give up on. God dammit I want John in my life and I can't fucking go to sleep without talking to him first.
    Honestly, I think I've gone really far off topic so let me refresh your memory, I'm in love with John, we're best friendS, always have been and always will be, but the problem is I'm in love with John as more than just a friend (which is something he KNOWS in case I haven't already told you that), so I need to know, JUST WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO ABOUT IT?!
    I mean, I hope and pray that John likes me back even half as much as I like him and I REEEEAALLY want to make a move on him. I've already passed up one PERFECT opportunity to lay all my feelings out on the table, put my heart out there, and tell him how I truly feel and I don't want to miss one again. So what I need to know is how do I successfully navigate through these true feelings for my best friend, WITHOUT crushing him, making him afraid to be around me, or making him feel like he's being forced to something he doesn't want to do because in truth, I TRUELY BELIEVE there is a chance with John. For crying out loud, ONE OF HIS EX GIRLFRIENDS TOLD ME TO ASK HIM OUT DURING THEIR RELATIONSHIP and plus, she would tell me ALL THE TIME that when she and John used to talk about me she always called me his boyfriend and that even SHE had doubts about John's sexuality. ON TOP OF THIS, EVEN JOHN HIMSELF HAS TOLD ME THAT HE THINKS THERES A CHANCE HE MIGHT BE BI and sometimes we do talk about guys, his crush is on Zac Efron lol. SO I KNOW I'M NOT CRAZY for having this crazy burning feeling in my chest telling me to take this chance while I still have it.

So my question is, how the fuck do I take that shot without fucking it up?
    I'm not worried about hurting my relationship with John because I know hell accept me for who I am no matter what and PLUS my feelings for him are already out there on the table between us and through it all he's continued to be my friend and love and support me like a true friend should or more accurately, he's actually started doing an EVEN BETTER job of it since I told him I was gay and he was the one I've always had a crush on since sixth grade. (God he's great! )

So what i want to know is how do I REALLY put my heart out there and just let all my feelings pour out without making him uncomfortable? BECAUSE DAMMIT I LOVE THAT BOY AND THERES LITERALLY NOTHING I'VE WANTED IN LIFE THAN HIM!
    So if anybody has any advice about what I should do, PLEASE TELL ME and I'm not looking for any of the "OH JUST EXPECT THE WORST" crap because, A.) I've already been through that and B.) I know for a fact that's not how that's going to go.
    So again, if you've got some good advice for me, I would APPRECIATE THE HELL out of it and I really freakin' badly need it!
    Oh and thank you again for taking the time to read this. I know it's rough to put your heart out there and tell someone what you really think but for you I'd appreciate any word you have to tell me. I want to make my life better and whatever you have to tell me will help.
    So thank you all again and let me know what you think I should do.
    Sincerely,
    -Ian

2. Whiteguy12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you know it won’t end badly then I say go for it. Hang out with him one on one and ask him how he feels about you. If your feelings are already on the table then you have to allow him to do the same. If he’s scared then tell him to trust you and that you will keep it between you guys. If he likes you he might just be scared because you guys are friends. If he tells you he only likes you as a friend then either that is how he really feels or he just isn’t ready yet. Not everything is black and white so take it slow and see where it goes.

3. IAS

IAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much, this is EXTREMELY helpful and I will take this advice!