1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else play "The Sims"?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BothWaysSecret, Jun 1, 2018.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "The Sims" is one of my favorite video game franchises.

I have never played the original nor Sims 4 on the computer. I own and play The Sims 2 and Sims 3. and I've also played the console versions (Gamecube and Wii) of Sims, Sims Bustin' Out, Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets, and Sims 3.

I'm currently redesigning most of the Sims 3 neighborhoods to accommodate the expansion packs. I haven't played Sims 2 in awhile, but I remember that I have a lot going on with my families there too.

Oddly though, I don't make many LGBT couples in the games. I think because I like letting my Sims have babies, and seeing how the genetics play out. I do have a few LGBT couples though, at least one per neighborhood. My most recent one was a gay couple consisting of a vampire and a fairy. The vampire has the "dislikes kids" trait though, so unfortunately, I didn't have them adopt.

#1 BothWaysSecret, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play The Sims 3 and hope to get the Sims 4 for my birthday this year!
    I feel the same way as you do about making LGBT couples and usually opt for having my sim be similar to me and flirt with both guys and girls, maybe date a girl, but typically ends up with a guy because I like making a family. Maybe I'll make a lesbian couple with a little toddler and a gay couple with twins or something to put in my town! Thanks for the inspiration. :slight_smile:

3. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually have a few kids in one of my Sims 2 neighborhoods that I'm planning to make a lesbian couple when they're old enough.

I think it would also be interesting to have a gay couple where one or both of the guys get abducted by aliens then become pregnant with an alien baby.

4. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fan here. I've always enjoyed The Sims. The Sims 4 is good by the way, definitely recommend playing. (imo it's too overpriced though) The character customization is the best from any of the games yet, you can also make trans characters, have lgbt households, males can carry children etc. haha, as I recall there's even a customization option to make your character pee while standing. I really like also that they added the option for clothing preference, now my female sims are no longer limited to just female clothing vice versa. Very LGBT friendly and fun! I haven't played in awhile, this thread has inspired me, lol, may play tonight.

5. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh wow! The Sims was actually my favorite game back in the days. I remembering taking breaks from programming for our group thesis and playing The Sims.. and getting addicted to it and had to remind myself to stop playing and going back to programming mode lol fun times!

7. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Oh man, I love The Sims! I grew up playing gen one (The Sims) back when I was in 6th grade and middle school. Then when Sims 2 & 3 came out, I continued to love the games even more. Sims 4 looks cool, but I have yet to play it...I think I prefer TS3, and that’s the one I always go back to because I love the openness of the world and how varied the game can be. I also like downloading and using CC for TS3, but I avoid mods because they tend to crash the game haha. I think my favorite lifestate to play with in the game is vampires because I find them so interesting...I almost never play with human sims because I like to create characters and stories that are outside of regular life (since I live my own normal life already haha)...might as well have fun with vampires, zombies, werewolves, ghosts, etc! I’m kind of a nerd about architecture, home design, interior design/decorating, and landscaping, so I really love to create floor plans and build homes in The Sims. I haven’t played in a long time, but now that I remembered the game, I kind of miss playing lol.

#7 Shoei Loei, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2018
  8. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sul Sul!:grin: Yes I too am a Sims fan! been playing since Sims 2 in Middle School & haven't yet retired, I'm currently on 4 now & haven't played much, but I do love it. I never did like the pudginess of Sims 3 or the graphics too much, I guess no Sims version is perfect; but I do have a liking for #2 & #4 if anyone wants to chat more about Sims, hit me up:blush: Also, is anyone excited for the upcoming Seasons EP?

9. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You were able to do these in TS2 and TS3, but the newer customizations in TS4 sound cool too.

10. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to play the original back when it was the hottest thing ever. Never made it past Sims 2. I'm getting old :expressionless:

11. Kamaline

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still play Sims 2 every now and then, although I'd prefer to play a newer version in the meantime:'D

12. Jonathan G

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you do not know the struggle of the sims until you try playing it on linux... but it works now! plus all i ever do is make lgbt couples :grin:

13. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to play all the time both Sims 2 and 3. I still have Sims 3 somewhere but somehow just don't find time to play it. Will really have to give it another try sometime.

14. Fury

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every six months or so I'll load up the Sims 3, and play it for the entire day. Most of my characters tend to be lesbians.

15. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to play The Sims 3. I'd always just go off, though, and build massive houses (using a cheat code to give me more money so I could go nuts with it) and then forget to actually play the character living there. Honestly, I'd probably still do just that if I had it on my computer, but it was my sister's game and, while I thought it was a fun way to kill a few hours, I'm not big enough of a fan to spend sixty bucks on it.

#15 ThatBorussenGuy, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  16. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, If Plusnet wasn't so bad then i would re-install The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection although recently I have played The Sims on PC and The Urbz on PS2

17. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeee I like to play the Sims 4, but 40$ is a lot of money to pay for an expansion pack! So I took advantage of a deal going on for a month or so before the Season expansion was released and bought two expansions (Get to Work and Get Together) for 40$ (20$ each) and a game pack (Jungle Adventure) for 15$ I think? I'm trying to create Sims that resemble the vidyy game chaacters I like and try to create some fanfiction scenarios and such. I find that I spend much more time desgining houses and the actual Sims than playing through their lives haha. Currently, I'm working on a house of six young adults (5 boys, 1 girl) who are all in a polyamorous relationship with each other. Eventually, I think, I plan of letting them have kids like outside of the relationship but then coming together again and raising all the kids together as parents (there are seven kids, five of the young adults have one child each but the sixth one has fraternal boy-girl twins). It's ambitious at best and I dunno if I have the patience or mental stamina to do that haha. When I play the Sims, I just mindlessly guide the Sims through their daily lives and don't really work on any set goals.

18. Nimmer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I played a couple of times a few years ago at a friend's. Recently I got The Sims 3 at a bargain price on Steam, though, so as soon as my ISP stops being crap and I have more time and I finish .hack//G.U. as well, I'll play that one. (So probably next year or so, haha.)

19. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to love The Urbz Sims in the City. I've played other handheld versions as well including The Sims Freeplay. I've never played Sims on a PC on console but here it's even better there.