1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some kind of something

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Jun 12, 2018.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi there everyone, i didn't forget about my other thread, I want to go back and respond to everything on there... but i hope you don't mind me sharing what I'm feeling right now.

I may be having a drink at the moment and that may or may not make me write in my drinking voice... not sure how that compares to my normal voice?

So.... I'm feeling something interesting, I think maybe for the first time in well ever (I was originally thinking since starting to come out, but I realise I've never really quite felt this way).

....I'm starting to feel some sense of home, an anchor, some sense of clarity.

My life has always felt a bit like a puzzle with no clear answer, I've been searching for years, and I think I've finally found my home. And it's within me, it's a sense of clarity in who I am, an understanding of self i've never had before.

First I'm a raging lesbian, obviously :grin:

Ok tmi probably... but when i kiss my girlfriend, and I don't mean when we are in a *moment*, like in the morning, a soft tender loving kiss, I'm so turned on... I'm so turned on *all the time* by her. I notice and appreciate women all the time and feel so good and comfortable with it. I feel so much more in touch with my sexuality, and I can't believe I've denied it for so long.

Second, I'm an activist, a fighter for my community. I got this job, I mentioned it to you all on my other thread. I'm going to be working for my community, and I'm so excited. I run my lgbtq group, and that is such an amazing experience. And I seem to just keep falling into other queer things, I'm working with someone who's doing some kind of panel for creative gender non conforming/ non binary and trans queers. And there's my queer friends, and Pride coming up soon... I feel so in touch with my community, my identity. It's so incredible to have this beautiful queer family around me.

I'm a mum who happens to be gay. I feel so good now as a mum. I used to struggle so much making friendships with other mums, I felt so out of place. But now I feel I can just be me.

I'm a butch/genderqueer lesbian, I feel so much more in touch with my body, my gender and my self expression.

Of course all the other parts of who I am that I've been more open about and that all fits so comfortably with everything else, I'm a nerd, a misfit, a feminist, a hopeless optimist, a huge geek.

And it's other stuff that's not easy to describe that create this feeling. I was feeling not that long ago, how did I get here, to this place in my life...? I've felt lost for a long time, coming out and changing everything in my life, my family far far away, feeling alone here in this city, and everything familiar just slipping away. But now I feel like, yep this is exactly how my life was meant to go, this is exactly where I'm meant to be.

I mean obviously there are deep painful things that have happened along the way, and I still have trouble making sense of the closet that I've built for so long, and the guilt in leaving my husband, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to totally reconcile what happened with my partner's ex.

But me, getting here, taking this really twisty path, and ending up where I am, it feels like it's all finally making sense...

#1 baristajedi, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pleased to hear it feels like everything is falling into place. :slight_smile:

What you've said about feeling out of place with other mums is interesting. I always feel like I'm acting out a part when on playdates, at parties, etc.

I hope the new job is going well, if you've started yet.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh my lovely friend, I am sooo happy you've come to this place. its wonderful that you've found how so many pieces of the puzzle fit together. HUGS

4. sparki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is an amazing feeling to finally find yourself in a stormy sea of expectation. It is like being in the eye of the hurricane. <insert song here... “You can dance in a hurricane but only if your standin’ in the eye”, Brandi Carlisle>

So glad you have ventured into the realm of self acceptance.

Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present.

5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being yourself is a great thing to do.

6. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

yes. these are the words i have been looking for. why do we feel so “on” when we should just be?

going to think on this one a bit.