1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you behave when you have a crush on someone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tigermud, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I'm automatically extra nice to her. I'm like "the world doesn't revolve around you" but somehow she becomes the centre of attention.

I'm sarcastic but I make more sarcastic comments aimed at her. I tend to tease. I tell a lot of jokes or act silly around her. I literly become a clown

2. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    god i act silly too... and sometimes i'm too nervous and i forget what i wanted to say or i mess up my words
    i wish i was more relaxed and "cool" but i'm so shy..

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get extremely flirty and silly. Make dumb jokes, compliment them on their appearance, laugh at basically everything. I'm really not subtle lol. :slight_smile:

4. MHJG

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If we’re not close, I will treat him normally even though he drives me crazy. I’m so embarrassed inside, so I want to pretend that nothing happens.

5. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean, the same answers from the thread you had last week apply.

Like I said in that thread, if it's someone I don't really know, I ignore her unless she speaks to me. I try not to even look at her. If she talks to me, then I'll be really nice to her.

Hate to say it...but I've had women do this with me, and I didn't get it/like it. Men have definitely done it to me more, and it's even more annoying from them, lol. I'm sure some women like it--in fact, those pickup artist-type guys often teach men that they should do this with women--but it's very much a personality-type thing. I'm too serious with people I don't really know for this to be a good approach with me... if we don't really know each other. I remember the last time a girl tried this with me. I kind of looked at her like she was crazy and walked off, lol (I was already in a really bad mood, so, on top of a bad approach to try on me, she had very bad timing).

#5 normalwolverine, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  6. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol I think it depends on personality. I can come across as quite serious but I'm dark humoured. I tend to be sarcastic with people who are nice to me it's like I'm joking around with their personality and they know I'm joking. But if it's with a girl I like it is because she's nice and the sarcasm is more random and my clown behaviour is random.

I think i do it naturally also because I look serious to some people, everyone says I have this like stern glare, well if they don't see me smile. I do look naturally evil and apparently I have a laugh that goes with it

It's like I like to connect with people where there's no social dominance. our behaviours and personalities naturally break social barriers.

I think that's a good thing. It's like you're letting them figure out your character before you get to know them

7. Loves books

Remotely stare at her if she's in the same room and never talk to her.

8. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually stay away from them if I do, all the crushes i've developed have been on friends. If I have to talk to that person then I suppose I'll just act normal.

9. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I pretty much turn into a bird when they show off their colorful feathers. Start trying to draw the person's attention to me without actually talking to or even acknowledging them. If I stare at them it makes it too obvious I like them which scares some people away, so instead I just make them want to stare at me instead. Wearing flashier clothes, joking louder than usual with other people but close enough for them to hear, putting out some false confidence to seem less insecure. They don't realize it's being done on purpose so just observe me thinking I don't see them, but once they seem at least a little interested I'll start including them in things too and talking to them to try winning them over with personality also. It works kinda well.

10. AndyB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Like Goofy, Jessica Rabbit and Bashful all rolled into one package.

11. ungaynly

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    avoid her at all costs
    and if i am around her for any reason
    i pretend i stop existing completely and don't talk. and try to look cool and calm.
    but i'm really dying inside.

12. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :frowning2: you can't let that get you down. It's just nerves. Try to relax more. You have every reason to exist as she does. The more calm you are the more confident you'll be around girls you like. I'm not always comfortable when I have a crush, depending who the crush is on. To me finding the right girl is someone I feel most comfortable around and not only of course she has to be gay/bi

13. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this does work. Some like a person with style. A girl did it for me once, but I just thought to myself "she literally doesn't have to make herself look good for me" in a way, that was a hint to say she liked me. She didn't have to dress for me, I liked her already

#13 Tigermud, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
  14. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Stare awkwardly until they notice then fail to look away before eye contact, feel embarrassed, do it 10 more times while formulating a plan to talk to them in my mind. Finally have the perfect plan, suddenly get too scared and not go through with it. Feel regret. Cycle starts over again the next day. It's not a good system.

15. bmutterb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually avoid any contact with them but always stare from afar - probably too much. I always watch how they act, from their smiles to their frowns, and I always kill myself for never talking to them. Sometimes they'd talk to me, but I freak out and become really shy and awkward. I stalk them on social media, but am too scared to follow/send a friend request (if I don't already follow them). I blush when they even just look at me, I get all kinds of giddy butterflies when they speak to me, and I torture myself. Day in and day out. Every time they smile, I smile. I love hearing their laugh - it always warms my heart. I fantasize all night, listen to love songs and imagine them and me are dancing together or are going through cheesy movie scenes together. I cry because I know I can never have them. Eventually, the butterflies fly away. The blushes stop blooming. The warmth cools down. Eventually, I move on.

16. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    These are both things that I do. I am so awkward and uncomfortable around people I like.

17. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually have a vacant/monotone expression on my face, but when my crush is around, I have a dorky looking smile.

18. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I blush really badly and am unable to speak. When I do speak I stutter and say something weird.

19. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    like an idiot.

he most likely notices that I like him more than average :grin:

20. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get extremely nervous and I try to not look at her too much. I’ll try to do nice things for her (one time I figured out when a cute girl usually left class so that I could leave just before her hold the door for her). But if she talks to me, I’ll try to be calm, which usually doesn’t work and I end up being nervous and messing up my speech a bit. I’ll try my best to hide it and just think about her a lot when I’m on my own.