1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice please!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bo1023, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Bo1023

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m bisexual and only a few of my friends know. My family (especially my parents) don’t support the LGBT+ community at all and hate same sex couples. All of my siblings are straight as well. My sister follows me on twitter and I sometimes want to retweet some relatable tweets about like being bisexual and lgbt stuff but I don’t want her finding out about my sexuality. I don’t think she’ll judge me, but I feel like it’ll be really awkward.. Should i just continue to hide it and not risk retweeting anything?

female33 likes this.
  2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am Bisexual and in the closet too

female33 and Bo1023 like this.
  3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bo1023.....Hello and welcome to empty closets! A little more information would make it easier to help you with your question. You don't tell us how old you are or how old your sister is. Knowing that would help. Also, do you think you could trust your sister to keep your secret? If she found out and told your parents...how do you think they would react...what would they do? Your best bet for right now is to keep your secret, but if you feel ok with answering those questions, we can talk through what other choices might be available to you.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. Bo1023

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I
    I completely forgot! I’m 17 and my sister is 21. I’m not sure if she if she would completely keep it to herself. I feel like she would talk about it with my other sister, which again would be a little awkward, but I’m sure she wouldn’t tell my parents. I’m not really sure what my parents would do if they found out. There’s really no telling if they’d accept me or be angry. Thank you for replying:slight_smile:

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bo1023.....OK 17....that means that you still pretty much have to do what your parents say. If you not sure about your sister keeping the secret...don't tell her. It sounds to me like telling her would very likely end up with everyone knowing and I don't think you sound like you're ready for that yet. What are your plans for after high school? Will you still be dependent on your parents financially? If coming out could end up putting you in a very difficult place with your parents....end up threatening your education or a place to live, etc., then it would be better to hold off until you can take care of yourself. I can understand how difficult it can be to hid who you are, but sometimes it's the safest way.
    ....David :gay_pride_flag:

6. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you don't feel a big need to come out then I'd take awhile longer before saying anything until maybe you can figure out how your sister and other family will react.

7. Bo1023

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That makes sense, thanks!