1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

half binder or full length??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Milesisgay, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Milesisgay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just came out to my parents and now I want to buy a binder from gc2b but I'm not sure if I should get the half or full length binder. I heard some stuff about color so I'm getting black, and my mesurments fit size M, if thats important. I've heard that the full length sometimes rolls up and that thats annoying, I've also heard that it works better but the half binder would be more breatheable in the summer, and it's less obvious, but in videos and pictures I've seen that the half binder binds well at the bottom, but not the top and it looks a bit weird. Also if anyone knows how long it would take to ship to Maine that'd be greatt

2. Flynn S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, gc2b is a great choice, they are by far my favorite. I have a couple half binders but only one full length. The full length I stopped wearing because it was uncomfortable and always curled up my stomach and I was perpetually having to pull it back down. That said, all my half binders are gc2b while my full length is Underworks. Not sure if there's a difference with regards to those things among different brands. I've never had a problem binding with a half binder (albeit, I wear a size s) - I think it works pretty well, though I haven't done a comparison with the full length.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I find the half tank far more comfortable. Originally I bought the full length black GC2B tank for my first binder. It was alright, but it felt like wearing a swimsuit all day and rode up. Eventually I got so frustrated with it that I cut the bottom half off and now it's a half length - and is super comfortable to wear. With my next two binders, the white and nude GC2B tanks, I made sure to go with half length and haven't regretted it.

The only reason I could see with buying a full length tank is if you wanted to wear the binder with no shirt and have it look like a sport shirt. But I always wear a shirt over my binder, so I don't really see the reason to own a full length tank.

Also, I've found the GC2B half length binders to do an excellent job with binding. When you get a brand new one, it can take a little while to break in though, so it might bind your chest a little weirdly. But after it's broken in, it becomes more breathable and contours naturally.

#3 Kodo, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  4. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, congrats on your coming out!
    I personally prefer the full length binders. They won't roll up if you tuck them under your underwear, and are more easily passable for an undershirt. They feel like a second skin, so you're not thinking about it at all.

5. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a full length GC2b (also size M and black). I tuck it into my trousers and it has never ridden up. I like it cos it just looks like a vest and nothing else. I heard that full lengths are better for bigger chests and being a 34DD I thought that would be a good idea. I don’t like crop tops and never have liked anything that doesn’t completely cover my stomach so that weighed into my decision.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've just switched to using a full length gc2b binder. It puts less pressure on my upper back. Before that, I always used a half size one. I've had good luck with mine not riding up. I just tuck it into my pants and then my belt will hold it in place. The fabric is breathable so it does not bother me.

#6 BradThePug, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it is very much a personal thing, which is a real nuisance as they are very expensive so it can be a bit of a risk if you end up getting the wrong one! Personally, I like the short half ones but I know a few folk who don’t like them because they feel like if is sport bra like rather than feeling more like a vest.

I think the short ones can be cooler so maybe think about what the weather is like too?