1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out. A little bit.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TwistyLayn, Jun 6, 2018.

1. TwistyLayn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm considering coming out to one of my teachers on the last day of school. I know he supports the LGBT+ community, but I'm still nervous. I'm not ready to come out to my parents just yet. They might know about me being Biromantic, but I don't know how they feel about anything yet. I honestly don't feel safe. I feel like practicing on a teacher I trust might be good to get a feel of it all, and it would feel liberating. But I'm scared he would tell my parents or something. I know it's an irrational fear, but it is very much present in my mind. I need advice.

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey TwistyLayn,

There is no rush to come out to your parents if you don't feel ready or safe. It is completely normal to feel nervous about coming out; however I think your idea to come out to your teacher is a good one. I doubt he would say anything to your parents, but if you are concerned he might just let him know you aren't out to your family and are not ready to come out to them.Considering that you said that he supports the LGBT+ community, I'm sure he'll respect that you aren't ready. Good luck!

3. TwistyLayn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks! I think I'll do it on the last day, just so he doesn't feel awkward about relearning pronouns/name.

Confusedmoose likes this.
  4. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds like a plan!

TwistyLayn likes this.