1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to my Friend w/...memes?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Monocyte, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Monocyte

Monocyte New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I came out to my closest friends today. I sort of regret doing it over text, but I’d already had the opportunity to come out in real life several times and had chickened out, so I just wanted to get it over with. And i didn’t know what to say so I just...attached this image???

upload_2018-6-5_15-33-6.jpeg

Idk, my friends enjoy memes and I thought this would be better than just saying “btw I’m pan ok bye”.

Their responses were really positive! They included:
    “Did you just,,,come out???”
    “YE PRIDE MONTH”
    “Iconic”

Nevertheless, I felt really sick to my stomach afterwards. Maybe it was because I had come out with fricking memes (not a great way to do it, I know). Maybe it was because I had just come out to the most important people in my life and now I can’t take it back. Maybe it’s just normal reaction after coming out. Idk. I’m glad I did it, and I’m sure this feeling will pass.

Destin and normalwolverine like this.
  2. Homeslice1

Homeslice1 Guest

I love that you came out with a meme I wish I could do that too, but I’m way too concerned with if they’ll treat my any different. One of my friends is religious and has said offhanded comments about LGBT people, another I feel like suspects me, while the other I don’t think really cares. So rn idk if I want to come out

3. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand feeling sick/some regret, but, girl, that is so awesome how you did it, lol. I love that meme.

I think it's normal to not feel good about it, though, until you have a better understanding of how everyone is going to treat you, i.e. repeated interactions with them in person.

4. TwistyLayn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I commend you. Brava. This is how I would've done it if I wasn't already out to my friends! :thumbsup: