1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding without binders?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Airisofparis, May 28, 2018.

1. Airisofparis

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, im sure this has been asked a dozen times before but anyway to get a decent flat chest without a binder? id love to get one but have no money and dont want to ask for one. I know no ace bandages and the two sports bras thing doesnt work for me. Any ideas?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would use a neoprene back wrap, before I could afford a real binder. But in the end scraping up the $30 odd dollars for a real binder was a life saver. They mail it to you discreetly, so if there is any way you could order one, believe me, that is best. I still wear my binder that I bought 3 years ago.

There are also sites that give away binders to people in need. For example, FTM Essentials offers a free youth binder giveaway.

It is also possible to just not bind. I have found that layering or wearing baggy hoodies sometimes works. I've also heard some people have been successful binding with K-tape (though I tried and was not successful with this).

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got a binder by a friend buying it, getting it sent to her and then paying her for it. It lives under a little worn jacket in my wardrobe and I wash it in the sink - I’ve had it for over a year and my parents still don’t know. However mum can tell when I’m wearing it so I only wear it outside my home so they don’t find out.

4. E H Wildflower

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I couldn't get the two sports bra method to work for me either. I used to be a swimmer, and I would sometimes wear my practice suit under my clothes before I got a binder. It made me look fairly flat, although not quite as much so as a real binder. I haven't tried any other diy binding methods, and therefore can't speak to how they work, although I've heard that k-tape is not particularly safe. I second layering clothes, though.

#4 E H Wildflower, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. TwistyLayn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey! I know this may be a bit old of a post, but I have a method that works pretty decently. Even though I have a naturally small chest, it may work for other sizes.
    I wear a camisole backwards and flip the bottom up as many times as i can while still covering my chest (usually once or twice). I also have two undershirts. Both slightly too small, but not so much that it's difficult to breathe. I then pull those on on top of the camisole.
    I hope I helped!