1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here´s my story

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by robgeez, Jun 4, 2018.

1. robgeez

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello everyone! This is the first time I tell my true feelings to someone else. I´m 22 years old, and I live in South America. Like 2 or 3 years ago, I started to feel attracted to boys. But, things aren´t simple. I come from a conservative family, who I don´t know if they are ready to take me as I am. They love me, but they don´t like the LGBT community at all. The problem: I am not really sure what my orientation is. I have always fallen in love with women, but I never asked them out because I´m shy and not sure if I can get intimate with them. On the other hand, I´ve never try asking a guy out. First, because I don´t imagine myself kissing one. Second, I don´t know any gay person that is willing to stay in the closet while figuring out what is going on. I suffered a lot during high school because a lot of my companions made fun of me and called me gay, even though I wasn´t gay at the time. Some of my friends wonder whether I´m gay or not, but I´m too shy and embarrassed to ask for help or advice. I watched the movie Love, Simon last night, and I felt like I had to talk to someone about it, so here I am.
    My life seems kinda complicated hahaha. I am a really happy and lively person, but I have this issue that has been on my mind for a while. I hope I find the site useful. Thkanks and I´m willing to make some new friends!

2. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @robgeez and welcome to EC! I'm sorry that your family isn't very accepting. Hopefully, they'll see that you're much more important than their opinions on your sexuality.
    Just curious, how did you find out you're also attracted to men? If you like them romantically, it's possible that you're heterosexual and homoromantic. Or you could be bi! Sexuality can be very fluid and can change over time, so it can be difficult to put a label on. If you'd rather not choose a label, that's fine too- not choosing a label doesn't make you or your emotions any less valid or real. I hope this helps!
    In my experience, EC has been a great place to chat, to get advice, and to make new friends in the LGBT+ community. It's helped me a lot because it's harder for me to meet people in the LGBT+ community where I live. I've also learned a lot from the people I've met.
    Good luck, @robgeez ! I hope you enjoy your time here on EC.

3. robgeez

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thks for the message! Yeah, it is kinda weird. Mm I would say that I have started seeing men in a different way, like walking down the street and suddenly find myself staring at and thinking that he is handsome, or having a crush on someone and feeling like I want to be with him. Stuff like that. I´m still haven´t talked to anybody about it, guess I have to figure out what I am first.

4. Hillary B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC. Enjoy.