1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you know if a gay girl likes you

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tigermud, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    im always a bit slow when people fancy me. when i finally realise a girl likes me its too late and shes moved on. i think when i fancy another girl i keep it a bit hidden unless the girl i like does something attractive or touches a nerve, i get embarressed and awkward or just laugh

#1 Tigermud, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2018
  2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I am not gay, but I do like girls. Basically I would just be very flirtatious. I'm pretty obvious lol. I am not a subtle flirter. I'll laugh at their jokes, play with my hair, compliment them, The usual. But obviously some girls are hard to figure out, either because they flirt with everybody or they are shy.

3. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    true women are very poker faced. i think i know the difference between extra friendly and flirty. like i have some close female straight friends who would joke with about gettjng married and we know we're joking. i think this is why this might be one reason expirementing is a good thing. it just be nice if some girls were more open and comfortable about their sexuality

merry likes this.
  4. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

If I like a girl I will smile/laugh a lot, try to make a lot of eye contact, gaze at her. If she has a problem with something (essay, work life, anything) I will offer to help/give advice. I will also gravitate towards her in the sense that I will take any chance I get to spend time with her and sit close to her because I want to get to know her. I don't consider myself a good flirter, I guess I'd make jokes as well but I don't have much experience with that. And of course, compliments. Compliments and advice are a lot easier than jokes for me.

#4 RebeccaK, Jun 4, 2018
    merry likes this.
  5. DCSC

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think the key is to try and pick up on non-verbal communications, especially if they're more or less a stranger. For example:

- Lots of eye contact or side glances to catch your attention if at a distance
    - Light physical contact - hand on the arm etc.
    - Smiling at you, laughing
    - As mentioned before, playing with their hair. It's not necessarily the typical curling your long hair around you finger type like out of a film. I have short hair and when I flirt I instinctively place my hand on the back of my head and play with my hair between my fingers. It's kind of my bashfulness coming out?
    - I've heard that if two people are attracted to each other, they subconsciously "mirror" each other's mannerisms
    - Leaning into the conversation, getting closer to you
    - Looking at your mouth/lips
    - Blushing

It will probably be different with someone you know a bit better, probably a lot more touching I guess.

As for verbal communication that's not the obvious "I like you", I'm guessing people show their interest by asking a lot about you and are interested in getting to know you instead of talking about themselves.

#5 DCSC, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    merry likes this.
  6. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

Oh and another thing, I also struggle with the straight girl touchy-feely and flirty thing. i see it on social media a lot. As a baby gay or whatever it truly confuses me. Some girls even kiss their best friend on the cheek/lips with a cute caption but still makes it known that she likes guys. Isn't that sort of gaybaiting? I mean, I would totally read that as gay if she didn't make her sexuality known. The lines are so blurred in female friendships/relationships nowadays.

#6 RebeccaK, Jun 4, 2018
  7. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

Yes, all of this. Great list.

8. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is me lol but the smile just comes out naturally for me as their presence just makes me smile anyway :blush: showing my dimples naturally.

Oh and I dont do the advice part though. I'm horrible with giving advices and usually the people that I like are the ones I will sought advice from.

9. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    haha i do the gazing thing without realising. i was gazing at an old friend once not until she noticed i was looking thats when i noticed she didnt seem to mind and even after a kept gazing. it was like i was stricken, i wasnt perving or being creepy, it was just "omg im glued in trance".

trouble is im not totally sure when i like a girl. i have noticed when some girls have tried to catch my eye, theyve watched me until i look. i think cause its so unexpected, you dont think twice when a girl fancies you

10. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey. i think this explains alot. i think also they want you to talk more to them. when i like someone im very focused on their voice

11. DCSC

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Someone's voice can play a huge part in how attractive you find them, can be a deal breaker for a lot of people!

The thing is, just because someone might find you attractive doesn't always mean that you'll find them attractive. For me, there are these BAM! moments where you notice someone and the attraction is instant. You're drawn to them and it's purely based on their physical appearance.

Then there are other times where I sit and talk to someone and they really make me laugh, and I want to know more about them and don't want it to end etc.

Ugh flirting can be a minefield!

#11 DCSC, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  12. DCSC

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol what's a babygay?! Someone who's new to the scene? In that case I guess I'm also a babygay

13. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol i think that means someone who has just come out the closet trying to find their feet. im not too sure. ive heard the term before. all i know is im gay and thats it

14. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah unfortunantly the players dont make it any easier. but once you fight them off it should get easier

15. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

Yeah but it can also mean what jof said.

16. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh i thought like literally young gay, like on their teens :laughing:

17. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    it sounds quite patronising lol

#17 Tigermud, Jun 4, 2018
    merry likes this.
  18. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For a less obvious sign, but it's a thing:

If I am interested in a woman I don't really know, I'll ignore her. I literally will not do anything else other people usually describe as signs, except maybe get caught looking at times. But even with that, I try really hard not to even look at the woman. The keys for her to know if I'm interested are 1) if there are other people around and I'll talk to and look at everyone but her, and 2) if she tries to talk to me, I'm suddenly very nice and/or helpful. If I just don't like her, I'm not going to be all that nice. This is in social settings or school or something, not at work. I'll be nice and helpful at work because it's a professional environment, even if I can't stand the person.

If it's someone I know, it's different. I'm not touchy feely, but I will want to talk to her a lot...which is especially unusual for me because I don't generally talk much. And I'll remember everything she says and facts about her.

I used to be really oblivious, too, and only realize after the fact, and I think the most common things women did with me were obvious staring, touching and flirting. The obvious staring has probably been the most common thing. Another thing is I've had a woman whom I'd see around but never really talked to try to strike up a conversation out of the blue and then ask me if I was going to do XYZ or going to XYZ place. I didn't learn that was an "ask me out" invitation until I saw a woman do it on TV to a guy she liked, and on the show it showed how she had it all plotted out but with him tried to act like it wasn't all premeditated.

merry likes this.
  19. Askiah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have always had this problem with women and guys. I've come to realize that if you have to question their interest because it is suddenly something that stands out, or that you noticed its possible that they may like you. Just mirror their actions and see where it can go from there.

unfortunately for me, I am very obvious, and CANNOT help but gaze or look at someone if I find them attractive. My eyes get all big and I get stuck. There was once this girl at my mailroom in my dorm, and I dropped by even when I had no packages just to talk to her and see her. So sometimes I just come around for no good reason. I will also hype them up, because to me when I am "flirting" or doing my best lol I want to show them that they are awesome.

Change in voice was mentioned as well. For me, that is also a big indicator to show someone I like them.

merry likes this.