1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey there, I'm new :))

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kei2202, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Kei2202

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So heeey, I'm Kei and this is my introduction I guess; I'm just your average 16 year old gay guy with a lot on my mind. There's no real reason that I'm here, it's mostly many small reasons like trouble with coming out to my family and feeling a bit lonely; the usual. I'm also here to hopefully make friends since my real life friends are sort of a mess right now, but hey, even just meeting people is fine :slight_smile:. Anywaay, thanks for taking the time to read ~
    Love, Simo-- Kei

2. Knicole

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, Kei!! I'm Nicole and welcome to EC. Nice to meet you!! I'm sure you'll make friends just fine over here, if you need someone to chat with or need help, just let me know and I'll try my best. I totally get you, I also have trouble with coming out to my family as they are not very supportive towards the LGBTQ+ community, but I wish you the best of luck. That being said, Happy Pride Month!!:smile::peace:

3. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Kei, welcome to EC! People here are friendly and helpful, so (like Nicole said) you should definitely be able to make some friends and chat with others. As far as coming out, I’ve been trying to figure that out too and some of the threads in the Coming Out section of the forum have been helpful for me, so maybe checking that out would be helpful for you as well. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the forum, and just let me know if you ever want to talk! :grin:

4. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Simo.... Kei! (Love that movie!!) Welcome to EC! In my experience, EC has been a great place to meet other people and to make friends. Where I live, it's tough to find people who are openly part of the LGBT+ community, so I get pretty lonely too, but EC has helped me feel a lot better. I hope you enjoy your time here! If you're interested, I'd love to chat. Happy Pride!

5. illbehere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Kei! Welcome to EC. This is a great place to vent and get support, especially if you have a lot on your mind. I am here if you ever want to chat! And by the way, I absolutely love your "Love Simon" reference! Also, happy Pride Month!

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kei2202.....Hello and welcome to empty closets! As soon as I read: "I'm just your average 16 year old..." I thought of Love Simon! ...when he says: "I'm just a normal 17 year old teenager with one big-ass secret...I'm gay". Then when you signed it I knew that you did that on purpose! I love that movie...saw it three times! Trouble coming out to your family is something that so many of us have to deal with...it can be really tough. I was so nervous before I finally managed to say: "I'm gay". The big catch for me was that I am the father. Telling my wife and my son that I am gay was so hard....plus my son is the pastor of a conservative Christian Church. I was so scared and nervous, but it worked out just fine, they have accepted me and our family is still together and closer than we ever were before. I hope that, when the time is right, you will be able to tell your family who you really are and that they will accept and love you as a family should. There are a lot of great people here on empty closets...I think you'll find friends and help when you need it. Keep us updated...we do care!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: :gay_pride_flag:

7. Kei2202

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To the people who replied, thank you so much! This is a very warm welcome and I'll be sure to take any advice given and check out other threads on coming out as well. Thank you, again :slight_smile:).

8. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Kei and welcome. Lots of nice people here to talk to.