1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever had a dream about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hickeys, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Hickeys

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m just curious to see if others have had dreams that pushed them to realize something or that they thought was just odd and brushed it off until later. I had a dream years ago that I had kissed this blonde and blue eyed girl in my dream and then woke up like “Whoa, why do I wanna say that felt good” I think it was trying to give me a sign because I’ve never been attracted to that look for both men and women, but I think I was trying to tell myself that if a kiss felt that good with someone I wasn’t even attracted to then imagine how great it’d be with a girl I’m head over heels for...

2. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I started questioning I had two recurring dreams and one was kissing a friend from primary school and she kept asking me to marry her and I hadn’t seen her in over 10 years and we weren’t exactly friends past primary school and another was about a girl who I saw now and then re a sports team I played in. Anyway, even these dreams, that went on for a while, didn’t make me question who I was, I just wrote them off as dreams. I was very in denial I guess. Haha

3. Hickeys

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That’s so interesting and I guess so! But I’m sure sometimes it’s just confusing, my friend had a dream she made out with one of her best friends friend who was a girl, but she isn’t into girls (she’s tried before) so she was like so puzzled and felt so awkward seeing the girl in person again haha

4. DCSC

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Before the penny dropped for me, I occasionally used to dream about making out with girls and at the time I thought it was just something that happened to all of us at some point and just brushed it off (although...they were the BEST dreams!).

Since accepting that I'm more than likely into girls and it's not just a phase, in addition to being newly single, the dreams are becoming more frequent and a lot more sexually charged...

Which I'm not complaining about ;P

Looking back I do think the dreams were part of my subconscious screaming at me "OH MY GOD GIRLS ARE HOT YOU LIKE GIRLS MAKE OUT WITH GIRLS IN REAL LIFE" but due to a number of reasons I just pushed those feelings away and ignored them.

5. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a dream when I was in college about me and a girl who sat next to me in one of my classes that I talked to sometimes...a dream that we were having sex. And it was just weird--the dream itself was weird, but also the fact that I was not attracted to her at all. It was a little weird to see her after that, but it would have been way weirder if I actually liked her.

This was a psychology class, too, so a class in my major--a class about Cognitive Psychology, at that. Because of that class, I don't really believe dreams are trying to tell us anything. I think they often come from stuff that happens during the day and stuff we think about during the day, particularly stuff we think about before falling asleep, and sometimes all the different bits of info during the day get mixed up to make some weird dream/nightmare.

This was during a time I wasn't quite sure, though, or was in some level of denial. I had already had a girlfriend, but I think I wanted to believe she was the only girl I could like beyond just a crush. By the time college graduation rolled around, I knew that wasn't true, lol.

Cinnamon Bunny likes this.
  6. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sure. I’ve had gay sex dreams off and on for years

Limiteded likes this.
  7. Hickeys

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

They’re definitely enjoyable haha and I strongly relate with the whole pushing those feelings away bit which I did after these dreams too even though I knew I liked girls, but after meeting certain people it just brought me to the point of being like “I don’t wanna miss out just cause of this fear”

8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Weirdly, and sadly, I never have dreams about either sex. And I'm bi. So yeah don't know what that means.

9. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was in secondary school I had a dream about a boy I knew, Darren, which was surprising as we wasn't really that close friends and I never saw him after school finished. Of course by time I'd finished school I'd already had sex with a boy so I was pretty open to both sides by then.

10. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You probably do but don’t remember them. I don’t really dream much anymore. Do you day dream?

11. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

Ever since I hit puberty I've had sex dreams about both genders but when I turned 17 and started questioning I stopped dreaming about doing stuff with men. In retrospect it didn't hit me that it was a sign to have sex dreams about women. Sometimes I dreamed about crushing on girls I knew in real life or a girl I made up in my mind, sometimes it was sex, and sometimes just making out. I just brushed it off. Now my explicit and romantic dreams are solely about women and I enjoy them.

12. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have a lot of sex dreams and when I had them about boys it was always the really weird ones that make no sense whatsoever (like I had on about a gay guy who's a friend of mine). But I can still remember the first one I had about a girl. It was about a year before I came out to myself although I had had thought about it before.

I had just find out that a girl from my class was a lesbian and the dream felt so great and realistic. I didn't have feelings for this girl but I felt so weird about the dream that I became nervous whenever she was around me.

13. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

oh recently I had a dream where I was at one point making out with the girl who played Carole from Saddle Club (If you know this show you a real one haha) aka Keenan Macwilliam.
    One of my favorite shows as a kid, wonder why haha.

#13 RebeccaK, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
  14. Lesbibliophile

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have sex dreams, but every once in awhile I'll have a dream where I'll have a girlfriend, or I'll meet a girl. It's usually something really small. Like, I think last time I dreamed I was on a bus and standing near this girl, and a friend introduced us, and we kept looking at each other, and she touched my face or stroked my hair or something. Nothing super remarkable. But the difference is that it stays with me for the whole day. I'll just keep thinking about it over and over again, how it felt. I can't shake it. Sometimes it makes me feel warm and tingly, but sometimes it just makes me feel really lonely. Either way, I definitely don't have those dreams about guys, so I think that's a bit of a tip-off.

15. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All the time! I think I use up all my creative ideas during the day.

16. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On second thought I did have one dream. But it was just a make out session and not a sex dream. And it with a male character that I liked off a tv show. But I wasn't like obsessed with him, which was weird. I mean, I found him attractive but that was about it. I have crushed on other guys way harder than him so I am not sure where that dream came from. Never about girls. But I daydream about both sexes.

17. Hickeys

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I have dreams with a mix of both just random and alerting ones, I like to look at some as if it’s just an open ended book that I need to interpret for myself. And I feel you, unfortunately feelings just don’t work that way right

18. Hickeys

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get the exact same feeling after I have that sort of dream, it really is the kind of feeling you’d beg for more of even though it’s not real. I dream about guys but what’s funny is it’s never hot/erotic/romantic it’s just always a date or run in and both go wrong everytime.