1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ships or OTP ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Cas girl, May 22, 2018.

1. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So let’s talk fandom.
    I want to know your thoughts on ships and OTPs.
    I feel like their is no good love story there nowadays in TV.

I liked Mary and Matthew from Downton Abbey. After that everything it just dull.
    Jack and Eleanor from the royals are okay.

Destiel is good but it will never see the light. Merthur is for all eternity.

So ships. What are yours?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure I'll never stop missing Matthew and Mary. I just couldn't watch the show after that, not even for Anna and Bates.

I have enough ships to form an armada but for some reason I'm having trouble thinking of any of them right now. I don't watch a lot of currently airing shows. Chloe/Lucifer and Maze/Linda were my lifeblood before Fox came in (no spoilers, guys, I haven't even finished this season yet). My main ship for The Flash is Caitlin and Happiness.

3. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mary and Matthew on Downton Abbey were cute, the show just became trash after Matthew died- but they were never a big OTP of mine. I shipped Destiel soooo hard, honestly I feel like they are soulmates but they're never going to become canon so I've given up on the show. I also used to ship Johnlock a lot. I don't really have as much of a shipping life these days. Evak (Even and Isak) from Skam have literally the purest mlm storyline on TV ever in my opinion, although while I loved watching them I never really had the urge to read fanfic about them. I love Evilde from Skam also, but unfortunately there is very little content (like for most wlw ships ). I ship Clexa pretty hard although I have yet to actually watch the show- I've just read fanfiction and watched lots of fanvideos haha! I'd say my biggest OTP these days is probably Patrochilles (Patroclus and Achilles) from The Song of Achilles, or you know, The Illiad. They break my heart every time.

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    SPOILERS for Riordan books

Book-wise my diehard OTP is SolAngelo (Will Solace and Nico Di Angelo) from Percy Jackson even though it doesn’t become official until Trials of Apollo

5. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my gods, I love them. Esp Nico. I just want to snatch him up and protect him from all evils.

I also like Leo and Calypso.

I haven’t read The Hidden Oracle yet. I think the author might introduce a love interest for Apollo, but I want it to be reincarnation of Hyacinth. They are my favourite pair in Greek mythology. I get tears eyed every time I hear the end and Apollo says alas. But I know it’s wishful thinking. There is no way a popular book will have more than one lgbt pairing, esp if it means making the main character gay.

6. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always liked the wild side of Lucifer. Chloe mellows him down. So I don’t know how I feel about them

7. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like johnlock of the movies more than that of the series. And hey is series 4 of Sherlock the final one ?

8. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever read The Shadowhunter Chronicles cause they’re very popular and rather gay. Magnus and Alec. Helen and Aline. Mark and Kieran. Kit and Ty (Possibly...hopefully).

Not all couples appear all the time or a lot depending on which and the series, but there’s a lot of representation. Cassie Clare knows her audience.

9. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They said it might be the final one, because its so hard gathering the cast together each time- its possible they may reunite one day for a fifth series but so far it looks final. Plus they lost basically half their fans last season because it was so bad and since they pulled a major queerbait... no offence to anyone who still loves Sherlock.

10. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I have read the first 3 books of the mortal instruments. I like Malec but I am not a big fan of her writing style. I want to give the bane chronicles a go but I don’t seem to find time for it.
    I am more into historical fiction.

The finale was terrible. Are they still for real? Supernatural guys do the same thing. Teen wolf 6B also pullled the same stunt using Sterek.

11. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It frustrates me that they try to deny it as well. At least I think TV directors are beginning to realise that queerbaiting is going to be worse for them ultimately now that its become a controversial issue and people are actually standing up against it.

12. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

This is the reason I love Shonda shows ( except grey’s anatomy). She doesn’t pull this type of stunts. I wait for the day Marvel will learn their lesson.

13. Loves books

I read the first five books but then discovered lesbian fiction exsisted and I had enough of emotionally tortured guys and the idiot girls who fall for them and the constant get together, break up. It worked in twilight but every book series of the time was trying the same thing. I like Malec better in the show. The books also got boring. I would rather reread Harry Potter for the millionth time than reread those books.

14. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not to sound like a dick but you read every book of the series except the last? The last book literally ties up every plot line.

To each their own, but TSC is a lot more than "emotionally tortured guys and the idiot girls who fall for them and the constant get together, break up." I can kind of see where you're coming from in TMI with Jace and Clary but no other plot lines in that series or...any of the other series are like that. And Show Malec, personally, I never felt made as much sense as Book Malec. I actually kind of hated how they handled Alec and caused me to stop watching.

15. NerdyMJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are there any comic book fans in here???

I ship Harley and Ivy, Steggy, and Loki with Brunnhilde(Valkyrie), although that will probably never be canon. I also like the HarleyPool ship.

16. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Marvel fan! I haven't read many comics because I only started getting into them like last year, but Wiccan and Hulking are bae. With the new Marvel Fresh Start I'm dying to see a new Young Avengers or just...Wiccan in something because I need him. He's probably my favorite Marvel hero which is weird because he's hardly in anything.

17. NerdyMJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You should check out the Marvel Runaways comics. There is a character who is similar to Wiccan, and there is an LGBT subplot involving a main character. It is a great comic.

18. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard of Runaways, just haven't read it. I think my biggest problem is buying comics. They're not cheap and the easiest way for me to get them is B&N or Amazon. I keep my eye out for deals and buy then. Granted, right now I also wanna read more Spiderman, the last three volumes of Nova, Champions, the young X-Men with gay Bobby Drake, and then Runaways is mixed in there!

19. NerdyMJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Buy paperback graphic novels if you have the chance. They last a lot longer than comics and don't cost as much in the long run.

20. Loves books

I haven't read any comics but the Runaways show was pretty good. I loved most of the characters but it was weird and I'm still not entirely sure what was actually going on. I don't have a problem with comics but I literally can't name one shop I could get them.

#20 Loves books, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018