1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereotypes (Funny)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Love4Ever, May 30, 2018.

1. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve always had short nails and I never really paint them. I don’t usually wear dresses, heels, or makeup (I prefer jeans and converse). I think that’s pretty much it. Nobody really suspects that I’m a lesbian, except perhaps a couple of my friends think I’m not straight, but that’s only because I’ve been dropping hints more recently.

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably that I used to love playing with barbies when I was a kid. Other than that, I can't really think of any stereotypes I fall into. A trans friend once told me that I enunciate my words a lot and he said it was stereotypically gay but he's the only person I've talked to who said that this was a stereotype so I dunno.

3. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Highlighted what would set my gaydar off. The lack of dresses/heels/makeup is borderline, but when put with the other stuff should set off gaydar.

She's setting off people's gaydar (or at least the people who noticed her nails, style of dress and know her lezzed-out likes); they're just not telling her or approaching her.

4. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha clueless straight people They know now but I don't get how they were so suprised when I told them.

5. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaa yeah hopefully someone will notice! I haven't been out for a long time and I surrounded by straight girls who are clearly oblivious because they were all pretty suprised. Now a nice queer girl has to come along!

6. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, for sure--I have found straight people to be unbelievably clueless!!!

Edit: some lesbian or bi girl has probably noticed you, though! Just didn't approach.

#26 normalwolverine, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, probably a sign from early on I wasn't straight. I am so much better at being able to tell than most straight people I know. I think there is something to be said that non-straight people can tell better when someone is not straight because they know what to look for.

8. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's crazy how clueless people can be right. My best friend who knows almost everything about me and about how I'd never liked a guy was so suprised and said I was the last person she ever would have thought was gay! It was funny to see her reaction but she's been very supportive

Haha yeah well I hope someone does approach or I'm going to be left with crushes on unavailable straight girls

9. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I think straight people are more likely to look at physical signs, like hair and clothes, or they notice the blatantly obvious gays and lesbians based on the more pervasive stereotypes. Basically, if you're a fairly feminine-looking female or fairly masculine-looking male, you'll slip through the cracks with 99% of straight people, which is why not wearing makeup or dresses can be borderline because you can still look feminine.

I also remember one time when I was in high school and said I didn't want kids, and a male classmate asked me if I am a lesbian because of that. So, sometimes--like with the "vocal feminist" thing--it's about sex/gender stereotypes, too, like "Oh, all women are supposed to be XYZ way, and if they're not there's something 'wrong' with them."

10. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's funny because I don't want kids either. At least definitely not biological kids. I have no desire to have my own children and a lot of people think that's strange, especially because they think I am straight even though I'm not. Though plenty of women don't want kids, and that doesn't make them gay. People are so stupid.

11. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're completely right! Straight people can only point out the obvious ones and feel proud of their 'gaydar' but they only know because that person wants them to know. I feel like all of my straights friend have noooo idea how you could recognize a femme lesbian/more masculine presenting gay guy etc... Now that I know what to look for, I just love looking for signs! Haven't had a lot of luck though, I'm in an environment with typically lots of gays guys but barely any gay/bi girls

12. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [Don't mean to hijack your thread, @Love4Ever, lol, sorry!]

Frankly, being on this site more lately has started making me wonder about just how many girls seem straight but are actually bi because us lesbians just seem to be so outnumbered here and, going through the course of my days, it's like I never meet women who are like, "I'm bi" or who give substantial/significant signs of being bi. But hop on the internet and bi women are everywhere! So, now I'm like, "Wait a minute..." lol! I run into girls who give 2 or 3 signs that maybe they like girls, but with a lot of them I brush it off. I feel like I'm starting to put 2 and 2 together on this, lol. Basically, a lot of bi girls out there not doing a dang thing about it, or at least not when it comes to women. And they are harder to identify because I don't think they give as many signs of being into women, and don't give signs as strongly as lesbians do, either.

I wonder if any of the "straight" girls you know will start flirting with you and coming on to you now that they know you're gay!

13. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't fit much of the stereotypes, besides maybe a few. I used to hang out with this straight guy from my college and when I told him that I'm gay he was very surprised. He almost didn't believe me.

14. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that's actually a girl turn on lol that's cute :grin:

15. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a bi female. I'm boyish with walking and some movements. I would easily pass as a lesbian if someone didnt know that I was married to a man before. My voice is low. I used to have long hair but cut it into pixie style few months ago. I do remember one time someone called me "sir" and get some stares and heard one time a couple talking to themselves and asking each other if I was a man or a woman lol I have short nails too. I dont like wearing heels and dont wear make up except lipstick as my lips are pale lol I use backpacks as a work bag. I like basketball.

16. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm into decoration. My house doesn't look as good as I wish because I'm kind of poor, but if I had more money I'd have everything matching.

Too bad that doesn't extend to my clothing. I am forced to rely on my boyfriend for that. haha

17. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is true that there seem to be at lot less women really out as bi then there should be compared to the internet. I don't think I know a single out bi girl. I guess it's just not something most girls don't talk about a lot or less publicly if they're dating a man.

Some girls that I know do show some signs or might do something that comes over as flirting but then I'm like, is this really a sign or is this just wishfull thinking :wink: If you want to vent about straight girls on my wall instead of hijacking this thread, feels free to write me :slight_smile:

18. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a gay walk but it's just the natural style of walking I've always had. People would ask me if I was gay uncomfortably often when I was in high school because of it even though I thought I was straight then. I never understood what people meant when they said I walked gay until one guy explained it to me in an awkwardly detailed way and then it was like ohhh yea I see it now.

My hips swing like with a lot of girls, I walk fast, every step is the same length, and my arms move in a very fluid motion. It kind of makes it look like a less flamboyant fashion runway type of walk. It's also been described as 'gliding' by friends.

#38 Destin, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  19. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm constantly singing and dropping Mean Girls quotes into conversation. I have a polo shirt in pretty much every color. And I'm incredibly snarky.

20. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Come to think of it, though, I did enjoy playing female characters on video games sometimes.

I can be snappy, too.