1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trembling hands whan coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LunaMare, May 29, 2018.

1. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone! Over the last year, I've slowly come out to almost everyone that matters and I'm so happy about it. It has gotten to a point where I just really want people to know and I try to get it over with as soon as possible when I meet new people. I feel a lot more comfortable with myself and I'm doing great. Which is why I don't get why everytime I do tell someone, I start to tremble...

even when I'm fully prepared, it's a casual conversation, the person won't care, I feel great about telling them... My hands always start to tremble as soon as I've said the words. It's really frustrating because it usually takes a while to pass and I just can't do anything to stop it. I don't know if people noticed but I feel so awkward about it and I'd hate for the other person to see it. I just want to be able to come out casually but this makes it a lot harder to come over as being confident about who I am.

Anyone else has experienced this? Does anyone know how to get ober it or control it?

2. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No matter how many people we tell it's still something personal about our self that could cause a negative reaction. It's understandable to be nervous or have those bodily reactions.

normalwolverine and LunaMare like this.
  3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LunaMare.....Yep...it's that good old adrenaline that kicks in when we know that things could go wrong. As you said, even when your ready and OK with telling someone it happens. Only time will cure that as you become so secure in who you are that, if someone does reject you, you will still be OK and realize that's it's their loss not yours!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

LunaMare likes this.
  4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's all right. I used to get really bad heartburn when I would come out to people, haha. The only cure for that is time and practice, practice, practice. You'll get used to it after a while and it won't be a big deal. It'll be like telling someone your eyes are brown. :slight_smile:

LunaMare likes this.
  5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My whole body used to shake when I was about to come out to someone. I'd get lightheaded, my stomach would be in knots, and my ears would burn. It's just nerves. Even if I was prepared this would still happen.

But now that I've come out dozens of times, to all sorts of different people for different reasons... it's just like telling someone anything else about myself. I hardly ever have those nerves anymore. Give yourself time.

I kind of view coming out not as a one time thing, but more like a tour. The first few times are going to be really nerve-wracking, but once you get used to the show and learn to adjust to the audience, it gets easier. By the end of the coming out tour you're a pro.

6. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahah what a great way to look at it Thank you for that and everyone one else! I guess I'm just not exactly where I'd want to be with my confidence but it'll be ok!