1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just started getting used to my sexuality

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Eliboo, May 29, 2018.

1. Eliboo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. So i just realized that i am a lesbian. I had doubted maybe i am a bi because i had some crushes on the girls but one day i just realised that i never was attracted to guys. It kinda came as a realization. I told my parents and they told me it is a phase that will pass. My sister secretly supports me because she thinks it is cool. I never brough this subject with my parents again. But they sometimes make joke about it and i think they expect me to find it funny, like its a silly thing i did, something to laugh about. It hurts when they make these jokes. I am 19 and i fear that i will always be alone. Same sex marriages are illegal in my country, but that may change in few years. As for me, i think i like being a leabian.

2. HDIGH

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

3. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey @Eliboo ! Welcome to EC. I'm not so far from where you live, and same-sex marriage (and homosexuality as a whole) are illegal here too. It's unfortunate that your parents aren't taking it seriously, but I'm glad that your sister supports you. Hopefully your parents will realize it's not just a phase. Jokes like that are the worst. Stay strong!
    If you ever want to chat more about it, I'd love to! We're all here to support you. Welcome to EC and I hope you enjoy your time here!

4. BadGamer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello I’m sorry to hear about the jokes and stuff. People can be dumb. Hopefully things will improve with time. What I do when my parents say anything nasty is call them out on it. I try to do it calmly and respectfully because I know that they grew up when homosexuality wasn’t often talked about about. Also try not to get too upset about the marriage equality laws. We only just got it in Australia at the end of last year. I honestly didn’t think it would happen. Even our Prime Minister didn’t want it. Yet despite being a very conservative country it eventually happened.