heterosexuals on EC?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LDFSDF, May 28, 2018.

1. LDFSDF

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, I'm wondering if there are straight people or at least people who are pretty sure of their heterosexuality on EC but every now and then login to reassure themselves? (I'm not even gonna talk about HOCD). If so, please share your stories. Why are you -almost- convinced that you're not gay and why do you have doubts?

2. LDFSDF

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I mean, It's pretty clear that if you login here, you're not 100% convinced. Some are curious, others are unsure, others are insecure, and others are obsessed. That's why i want to read cases.

Bicchi likes this.
  3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen a few straight people on here. They usually fall into these categories

1. The parent of an LGBT kid

2. People looking for answers about LGBT subjects out of curiosity to understand an LGBT person better

3. A person who thought they were bisexual originally, realized they're not, and stayed just because it's a nice community.

4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have seen people on here who identify as straight. I think a lot of them are curious.

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Outside of people who come here looking for support for someone else, such as a parent of a LGBTQ+ child, I think most people come here because there is something happening in their lives that makes them believe or suspect they might not be straight. Straight people who are secure in their sexuality don't go looking for support from the LGBTQ community. They just don't.

Are there some allies here who just like to communicate with us? Sure. It's a very small minority, though.

I've always found the word "curious" to be rather curious though, as if someone would identify as straight but just be curious about homosexuality as some academic exercise. I prefer the term "questioning." Someone who is questioning their sexuality and seeking resources to further their understanding of their own sexuality I think is a better description than "Straight but curious."

A lot of visitors to EC have come to realize that they have attractions to people of the same sex, but don't identify as gay or bisexual. Why? There are probably too many reasons to list here, but some examples will include:

1. Pressure from family, friends, church, school, and society to be straight.
    2. Lack of self-acceptance
    3. Internalized homophobia
    4. Denial
    5. Confusion or lack of education about sexuality
    6. Early sexual abuse or other childhood trauma
    7. Newly discovered feelings of attraction never before felt (less common but does happen).

So what happened in January that made you decide to sign up for an account on EC? I know from your previous postings that you seem to have some OCD issues, and that your worries about your sexuality have become obsessive. Based upon your previous posts, it doesn't really seem like you do have attractions to other guys, yet you are obsessed with the idea that you might be gay and just suppressing it. Until you get the OCD under control, I think you will just be spinning your wheels here no matter what stories you read from others.

6. LDFSDF

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your time, man! I guess that's about right.