1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stefanie, May 26, 2018.

1. stefanie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so for a few months before christmas now i have been questioning my sexuality, i have only ever had one boyfriend and i was 16, it lasted 2 weeks because i didn’t feel comfortable. my friends all have boyfriends and everytime they talk about them i can never see myself being with a boy like they are, i do sometimes find boys good looking but everytime i get asked if i would date them my answer is always no, i don’t see myself dating a guy anytime soon. i also find girls good looking but i’ve never told anyone that. i have ‘celeb crushes’ on males and never really any irl males around me but i do seem to find many girls around me attractive but i have never told anyone.
    am i bi or am i a lesbian ?

2. cryptillix

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    to be honest, our situations sound similar! id say youre probably gay if the men you like/"like" are unattainable, u kno?
    its hard for me to give a solid answer tho, but im sure youll figure it out
    best of luck!

stefanie likes this.
  3. Loves books

If you can't see yourself dating boys and not want to date them then it's pretty likely you are a lesbian. However that's only my opinion and not a definite answer.

4. kbugg2911

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like we have similar situations, I also find some boys good looking, but I can never truly imagine myself dating them. On the other hand, I find a lot girls around me to be really attractive. I think we’re both confused because of our lack of experience.

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bi here. Only "went out" a few times with a guy and he was just a friend. I think for me at least it's harder to connect with a man. I need a substantial amount of emotional and mental connection to be able to image my life with someone, want to be around them all the time, etc. I feel like its's harder as a woman to find a man who understands me, so emotionally, I am more in sync with women and more able to feel comfortable connecting with them and opening up to them. Men, are more likely to bore me or lose interest for me because despite the fact I am very attracted to them, I actually am far less picky with men from a physical standpoint, emotionally, I think a woman can satisfy me better. I have basically zero experience though. And I also have little exposure to men because I had no brothers, no male friends, and so I don't have as much experience with them. I am still bi though because I am attracted to both sexes in different ways.

6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also am more likely to get scared off of dating a guy, asking him out, agreeing to go out with him, because I have no experience and because even though I find him attractive, I feel more nervous being around a guy than another girl. It takes me longer to be 100% comfortable. But again, I am attracted to men, so it doesn't mean I'm gay, I just need more time with them.

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I do think though that just dating women would be way easier. I mean, I like men a lot, particularly from a physical standpoint, but I feel like dating them is a lot harder. Dating a woman just seems like it would be way less work. I know though I will never NOT be attracted to men. I just am, and that's never going to change. But maybe sticking to women would simplify my life a bit.

#7 Love4Ever, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018