1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Further figuring out my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kbugg2911, May 27, 2018.

1. kbugg2911

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, so after struggling to accept my sexuality for like 5 years, I finally okay with the fact I am into other girls. I even came out to a close friend and my therapist. I told them that I was gay, but in actuality I don’t know what to label myself. I guess I’m still confused because I cannot say for sure if I don’t like boys (I’m really inexperienced). To summarize, I am not sure if I am bi or not.

2. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Labels have been hard for me too. Does it matter whether you are lesbian or bi? I've settled on thinking of myself as a lesbian, though I'm fairly certain I'm bi. Lately, I'm into women and men don't appeal to me at all though. Who's to say what I'll feel in the future? I didn't expect to fall for a woman.

3. givenchy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Labels are super hard to figure out, and it can be so stressful and exhausting trying to find one you're comfortable with. When i was first coming to understand my own sexuality, i thought a label was what i needed to keep myself sane - once i figured out what to call myself i would be fine- no, not at all and i stressed so much over trying to figure it out that i couldn't focus on anything else.
    Don't let it consume you but don't be afraid to not figure it out overnight or even at all. As cliche as it sounds - you dont need to label yourself, it can put a lot more pressure on yourself than you need. I am still trying to figure out what to call myself, but i am confident that i will find one that suits one day even if it is not right now.
    Hope this helps :two_hearts:

kbugg2911 and SquareBiz like this.
  4. cryptillix

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    our situations are identical! i think im only into women but im not sure! im rarely into dudes but i cant tell if im not into them or i am? i keep flopping between everything. for the most part ive found id be more likely to have casual sex or smth with another girl! i never understood casual relationships when i thought i was straight so maybe think abt that?