1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 67impala, May 27, 2018.

1. 67impala

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i am assigned female at birth. i dont have a huge issue with it, but i do have a small one i dont feel female. i guess that's pretty normal, but heres the thing; i dont feel male either. that's normal too, but heres where it gets complicated.
    im female presenting. i want to be more androgynous, but i dont want to cut my hair, because sometimes i like to feel more feminine. i get that i could look feminine with shorter hair, but its taken me a year to get it to where it is. how could i be more androgynous with longer hair?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Androgynous with longer hair usually means having more masculine structures in the face, since the feminine perception of longer hair will balance out the masculine structures.

Maybe try combing your hair back, men have higher hairline which means that some can still appear male with this longer hair. Also, cutting off babyhair - I havent noticed guys with that.

3. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to say without seeing a picture. But I'd say style of dress and anything you can do to change your body, depending on what your body looks like now. But you might want to try to build more muscle. Clothes are very easy to change. Go to men's sections of stores and shop for clothes you like. And then you can try wearing hats, preferably more male ones like sports caps, sometime and see how it changes your look. You can tuck your hair under the hat or put it back in a ponytail through the gap in the sports hat, or see what you look like with a hat and long hair.

And welcome, fellow Southerner. You live in a neighboring state. :smiley:

4. KayNB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guys wear ponytails low, or there is always the man-bun... I know a trans man who wears a man-bun and still looks distinctly male... I don't know if everyone could pull it off though.

Also... just do whatever seems to work for you :slight_smile: experiment with the look to see if you can define what your gender expression should look like to fit you :slight_smile:

5. Weird Dog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Consider contouring for a more androgynous face, and highlighting your bio-fem specific characteristics when you want to look more fem. Man-buns are def an option, as well as tucking your hair into a beanie or cap.
    When I want to look androgynous I prefer to hide my bio-fem hairline and style my hair forwards, especially since the length on the sides can make my face look leaner and highlight my sharper edges.