1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to "Look" More Gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Love4Ever, May 23, 2018.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know some uniforms make girls wear skirts, but some let them wear pants. Maybe if most of the straight girls wear skirts you could wear pants to stand out? Or if you must wear a skirt then are you allowed to wear like a pride pin or something like that? Something small and subtle that the school won't mind?
    https://www.amazon.com/Pride-LGBTQ-...=1527188614&sr=8-3&keywords=rainbow+heart+pin
    This little pin is really dainty and adorable and you could maybe wear it on a collar or pocket of your shirt, or on your backpack.

#21 Love4Ever, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A dark grey pleated skirt, a white or red short-sleeved polo with school logo. Slacks are also an option, but they're pretty scratchy :grin:
    Black athletic shorts to change into for sports class. Shoes also have to be black, but not formal (I wear black suede Gazelles.)

Good idea about the pin! At my school, though, I could probably get in trouble for wearing it. We're not really allowed to mention homosexuality in school, which limits a lot

#22 kkou, May 24, 2018
  3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I understand not wanting to wear itchy pants lol. Also Are you allowed to accessorize? Maybe a rainbow bracelet? Or if you can't physically wear the item if you have a laptop or notebook could you put like a rainbow sticker on it?

kkou likes this.
  4. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

Is jewelry allowed? If so, rainbow bracelet/necklace/earrings.
    And as Love4Ever said.
    Maybe a rainbow pencil case?
    And like I said earlier, search for double venus necklace, they're on etsy. Watch out for taxes though.
    Only buy from a country with no VAT and cheap shipping

#24 RebeccaK, May 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
    kkou likes this.
  5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That stinks. I see how that would be tricky. Can you have anything rainbow that wouldn't get you in trouble? Is it a catholic school? (The only reason I ask is because I know religious schools are stricter, particularly about dress codes.)

#25 Love4Ever, May 24, 2018
  6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe if it was something that was really subtle or something you kept in a bag and only took it out occasionally. Are there other queer people at your school?

7. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a non-religious school, but because of the government, it's technically an Islamic school. I'm not sure, to be honest. People get away with drinking and smoking and other haram (forbidden) things at my school and on campus, so it might not be a big deal if I accessorize a bit. Thanks for the advice!
    I only know of two people, but they're not very nice. They both identify as bisexual (one's a guy, one's a girl). They still bully others for "seeming gay," though, so I don't know how I feel about them. It's not a nice thing to say, but it's possible they're just saying it for attention. If they are truly bisexual, they seem to think they live in some kind of 1v1 world, because they're always making fun of people they think are gay. They target one of my brother's best friends just because he's not into sports, and I know for a fact that he's not gay anyways. There might be other queer people, but if so, they're all closeted (like me.)

8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see. I wasn't sure if your school had a GSA or anything like that, or if any of the queer kids wore certain things or hung out certain places to identify themselves. I understand not knowing a ton of other like minded people. I don't have any friends who are gay, only a few acquaintances and family members I am not out to. It's hard. I basically am just on here or devouring queer media to make myself feel less alone.

9. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's funny, you are the same age as my little sister.

10. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

That's why I thought a rainbow pencil case would be fitting. As she is still in high school.

Mihael likes this.
  11. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly. Something like that would be perfect.

12. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, me too! My friends back home are super accepting, so I wish I had had the courage to talk to them about it before I moved. It's not really accepted here in the Middle-East, so things like GSAs don't exist. There seem to be some small pockets of acceptance in some places. For instance, I do musical theater outside of school, and there seem to be a good number of other queer people involved in the productions (staff members and actors.) They're all a bit older than me so we haven't talked, but it's nice to see them around.
    Thanks for your advice @RebeccaK and @Love4Ever ! Honestly, I think it'll get easier for me once I get out of high school, but you've really helped. It's not fun to have to keep my head down all the time, but it's the safer choice where I live. It's nice to be able to talk to people with similar experiences, even if it's just online. I know this isn't my thread, but thank you for your great answers and your support! :yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

RebeccaK likes this.
  13. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    N
    No problem! Always happy to help. And yes, I do think that after you get out of school and all that things will be easier and better. You'll have more control then on where to go, what to wear, and you can come out if you want.

14. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

@Love4Ever Keep me posted on the gaze thing if you do decide to try it and succeed

15. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I will! Thanks so much!

16. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also wonder about it.
    How to look more like a lesbian.

#36 Mihael, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    RebeccaK likes this.
  17. RebeccaK

RebeccaK Guest

Well, if you go through this thread you'll see people giving advice including me. Do you think any of that would help?

18. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for replying.
    Rainbow/other signs? Seems like an option and an easy one but might be risky.
    The look - I don't know, I just can't go about it in a thought-throughg manner, lol. Also in my experience even obvious flirting can go unnoticed and get dismissed as a joke or friendly affection or something similar.

Men's clothes. Yes, I wear them :slight_smile: But yeah, I am quite a tomboy and I have no clue if it contributes to making me seem gayer. It's like, I just seem like someone who would wear men's clothes, you know. It seems. For the coolness factor the ways guys usually portray "cool". I'm into all the stuff like rock and hip hop and sports... I'm also a geek. So there is not much girl left here, lol. But flannel... is just not my thing. I always break my nails if too long, so... a gay point, lol.

19. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you would look pretty clearly queer to me! Obviously, you can't ever know for sure based on clothes, but by the way you described the way you dress I would think there was a strong chance and probably try to hit on you if I saw you.:slight_smile:

#39 Love4Ever, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  20. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha ha, thanks. :slight_smile: That'd be nice if a girl hit on me...

Or maybe there was this girl in my college with whom I had the aforementioned look exchange ("toffee stare"), and she is quite femme and I have to say I have a bit of a crush on her too since those couple of looks. We just don't have any classes together. Or... maybe she just likes my clothes. To be honest, you never know what kind of affection you're dealing with. So... I guess the conclusion is that "the look" works.