1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it okay to ask to be FWB?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lovetoomuch, May 18, 2018.

1. lovetoomuch

Hi there,

So I have a crush on this guy. I don’t believe it’s an emotional connection, but I find him very attractive.

I asked him on a date and he said yes. We went on the date and it went well in my opinion... conversation flowed, we laughed a good amount, we didn’t hate each other. At the end of the night we kissed (I may have initiated it, I don’t know. But he did offer to walk me to his car, which would typically lead to a kiss).

After the date I sense he may not be that interested. I think he believes I’m set on a relationship, when it’s not the case.

My plan is to text him saying, “Hey, can I ask what you thought of the date / hanging out again?”

I expect he will say he doesn’t see us together. I would then ask if he wanted to be in a friends with benefits situation.

I’ve never done this before so I feel weird asking. How do I bring it up? How do I word it?

2. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    Communicate with him. Ask what he means by not seeing you two together? Yes it’s ok. It’s all about communication.

I’m in similar situation as well. I want to be close to this woman but not so close that I feel tied down. I’m looking into some different schools and careers . So life could take me anywhere . So from the beginning I’m going to communicate with this woman and let her know what I want. I don’t want anything too serious as I want to explore my sexuality.

I’m going to give you the same advice others have. It’s all about communication. Talk to each other and let each other know what you’re looking for. Be open to the fact that he might not feel the same way. Think realistically don’t let your mind trick you into seeing things that are there and live in the moment.

3. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It seems like an ideal situation, abd probably dues work fir some. Every time I’ve tried it, however, it Jed to an uncomfortable situation where one party wants more from the relationship than is possible