feeling adrenaline rush everytime i come out..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CL1990, May 25, 2018.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive started coming out for the past 2 years and i feel terrified and that its pretty much a chore to come out to people ive known forever BUT i kind of get a buzz from coming out to people i just met...

it feels like an emotional rollercoster:
    1. i feel worried that they will assume im straight
    2. something is said that implies that im straight so ill get angry
    3. in the moment im saying the words "im gay" "not straight" i feel a lot of fear
    4. when i say it i feel a bit embarrased but then straight away i feel a massive buzz of energy and adrenaline...

does anyone else feel the same way?im worried mainly that its like i live 2 lives atm with my old and new friends as i find it almost imposible to come out to them..(only my mum and 2 old friends know from my "past" life)

2. Earthborn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not the fearful type, but coming out feels realy good to me, especially when I use it as an excuse to flirt with people I just met.

What is your fear in particular? What would you loose? I ask cause I think is better clearing our thoughts on wht we think as much as possible.

3. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i actually think that i have like a massive wall that ive put up through the years so allowing myself to actually come out is a massive thing like afterwards sometimes i feel psically tired

4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm this makes sense to me. I have often fantasized about telling a random stranger or an acquaintance at the college I attend that I may see for a semester and never see again that I'm not straight. I almost feel there is a kind of safety in that, because they don't know anyone you know so word won't get back if you don't want it to. The problem with me though is I'm not ashamed with who I am, not at all. I'm just afraid others won't get it. And the timing has never seemed right. I wish someone would just ask me if I was straight. Being asked my orientation instead of having it assumed would be so nice!

#4 Love4Ever, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. Caraldo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Experience is similar here. I don't fear people assuming that I am straight, but I no longer fear people thinking I am gay. That feels good.

6. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i actually never thought about that but its true for me aswell...i used to be scared that people would think im gay and now i trully hope they will. its funny how your mind shifts but you dont really realize it

Lexa likes this.