1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Political Stance Poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aberrance, May 11, 2018.

?

What political stance do you hold?

1. Hard left

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Left leaning

33 vote(s)
    50.8%
  3. Right leaning

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Hard right

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Don't know

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Don't care

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I lean left by US standards but probably right by world standards.
    Depends on the issue:

Hard left:LGBT rights and transgender rights.
    Left:Voting rights, economic matters/unions, police brutality/minority relations, contraception access. Transportation access. Religious freedom-rights of Muslims and atheists etc. Freedom of speech.
    Middle:Gun rights. I prefer an assault weapons ban. Pistols only after background checks. Drugs-medical marijuana only. Immigration.
    Right:Environment and capital punishment in some cases.

I vote Democratic.

#41 QueerTransEnby, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I’m quite moderate, but lean left with most social issues and lean right with most economic issues.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like some of the things that the left say but also I don't think it's economically possible to actually carry these out. I also care about equality not equity. I am passionate about creating an equal education system, but I don't think it would be possible since individual agency comes into it as well - I like Bourdieu although take into account the critisms of his work as they reflect modern society . I don't subscribe to activist groups and do not like the generalisation of whole groups of majority peoples (same way I don't like generalisation of minority peoples) although they have done good at raising awareness to issues wish it would be less aggressive and have a rational conversation. I also think mens domestic violence shelters should be created. We don't have guns here but shouldn't be used on general civilians (agree with for terrorist protection). I think people have the right to date who they want in the sense people have the right to not consent to a relationship for any reason and even if x-phobic is true then that's their choice they are allowed to have in terms of dating.

Maybe I lean left personally but not as far as the "warrior left" and I think it isn't realistic or is actually counter productive so vote right. In tests online I always get center but slightly left or slightly right depending on topics asked.

#43 Secrets5, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  4. Pandaclaire25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am Conservative always have been I know some people will say how can you be right wing and gay at the same time but we cannot all think the same way

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always found it ludicrously patronising when left-wing activists inform gays our sexual identity must somehow a) be more important than and/or b) opposed to any centre-right approach to markets, foreign and defence policy, conservative institutions or literally any other area of policy.

Some gays are pro-Israeli police employees who send their kids to Catholic school. The general tribalism of left-wing campus politics isn't going to encompass them.

6. Pandaclaire25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean it’s like there is some law if your gay you are forbidden to have conservative thoughts

7. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd call myself left leaning but I've gone through a bit of a confusing political transformation the last few years - I never got into politics much before so I just did what my family did. My family have all been Democrats most of my life, but the thing is they're also really conservative which yea is a weird combination. My mom said it was because Democrats supported resources for special needs children more and since we have family members with special needs they put that above all the other issues when it came to picking a political party at the time, so when I turned 18 they told me to register as a Democrat.

But... right before the last election my entire family changed all of their registrations to Republican instead to support Trump. They told me to change mine also, so I became a Republican and voted for Trump due to family pressure even though I don't actually like Trump (wow that makes me sound spineless).

Unlike the rest of my family I actually liked the more liberal Democrat policies though so now I'll probably end up switching back to Democrat before the next election. That'd make it 3 political party changes in only 3 years.

8. Nachtmahr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Centrist, more to the right than the left economically!
    When it comes to party politics I am completely independent and don’t want to align myself with any of them. There simply is no party which I would agree with enough on all points that are important to me and I consider some of every major party’s stands to not be good and some even outright destructive for the nation and its people to the point where I wouldn’t vote for them.

No clue what I could or should vote here in this poll as I think that right-leaning wouldn’t be accurate overall. People who are aligned with the new regressive left usually call me a right winger regardless but they call everyone right wing who isn’t on the radical left even when they aren’t, not to mention their ridiculous name calling and insults without addressing other people’s actual points and them constantly getting offended by people who dare to disagree with them.

#48 Nachtmahr, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  9. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Living in California has pushed me in the direction of anarchism, The democratic-ran government is out of control over here.

#49 Cauldron, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  10. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Left leaning, but I think of it as I take the facts and form my own opinion and not let anyone else tell me what I should think.

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve always been fairly left-leaning and probably because they support gay rights but in all other aspects I’ve been pushed more right-leaning I guess. The lefts have alienated me.