1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi & Bi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by merry, May 20, 2018.

1. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, Bisexual woman with a supportive husband here.

Maker and artist, no specific medium, I like to explore it all. My favorite things are road trips, music and nature.

Came out to myself and closest friends a few years back and haven’t had the opportunity to explore. Committed to my partner of many years and the life we have built together. Hopeful that one day I will know the tenderness of a woman’s caress.

Tell me something about you! What brings you here? What music makes you feel things you can’t put into words? Do you create art of any kind?

2. quilpine

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey, merry! i joined empty closets to find a community that could answer some of my questions and that i could help other people out in. i really enjoy eighties pop (culture club, etc) and have always had a soft spot for the harry potter soundtrack! as for art, i like to draw and am trying to get better at digital art. what about you?

3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and welcome. Actually found EC by mistake and lurked for awhile before joining. It seems like a good place to share life stuff, ask questions, and maybe help others with their questions. And meet other people

4. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi quilpine! i like that, i had searched and lurked the web for a few years hoping to find some relatable content. Mostly finding the sites of religious marriage counselors, blogs and articles of broken relationships and finding some not very good statistics on being in a mixed orientation marriage, all while trying to remain optimistic.
    i finally found empty closets yesterday, and i had to sign up right away. truly grateful to be here.

i have always been into a variety of music, the grateful dead, 90’s grunge, lumineers, old crow medicine show and recently just started to jam to 80’s pop. the talking heads, queen, david bowie.. so much good stuff!

is there an art sharing topic on any of the forums here? that may be fun!? if you like digital art and have an ipad there is a cool ap called sketches and ou can draw in layers, which i find useful. it is free and with a one time upgrade of $4.99 you get lots of added features.

i like to draw too and doodle on everything. recently got back into painting with gauche (like water color) i like to write, sew, carve stamps, make soap and other body care products and do some metal/silver smithing.

5. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi biguyjosh! thank you for the welcome! i really think so too. nice to meet you here.

6. quilpine

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    an art forum would be super fun! i'll see if i can dig around and find one :+) i've actually tried out sketches before, but i only have the free version. i usually use krita or medibang paint pro on the computer with a wacom intous 3 drawing tablet, which works like a charm. gouache is super fun but dries so quickly that if i make a mistake, it's on that paper forever!

7. CGeekyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, i'm probably one of the youngest here but I'm 13 and trying to figure out my sexuality

8. quilpine

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    best of luck! do you need any advice? i'll try my best :+)

9. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! /wave

10. hmmm23968

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! love this post - I am an artist as well.

I have recently come out as bisexual and I can say that I absolutely want to feel a womens carress.I has been with many men and now that I have had a sexual awakening with women - I definitely prefer to be with them right now. I admire you staying in your relationship even though you crave sexual experiences with women... its hard to resist!

11. CGeekyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you have any advice on how to come out to people?

12. hmmm23968

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My best advice is make sure you have come out to yourself fully. I spent close to two years thinking that just because I knew I liked girls meant I was comfortable and confident in it. I didn't realize that all of this was going on in my brain and nothing was happening in real life - I was completely in the closet and putting my personal life at the bottom of my priority list.

I think since we deal with this struggle we see things differently than how they are - we think its a bigger deal, or people are going to freak out so much - when in reality that is just a lot of anxiety talking. I thought my parents wouldn't accept me and when I told them they literally were offended that I thought they wouldn't accept me - so again I had a morphed idea of their reaction which kept me from talking to them for almost two years.

Follow your heart. Be happy, you deserve to be. Being your most authentic self is being free!

13. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @merry ! Welcome to EC! Where I live, homosexuality isn't very accepted (...or legal). I came here to find people to talk to, especially about things I wouldn't otherwise be able to speak about. I've had a great time here so far and love everyone's support!
    I'm not super artistic, but I enjoy collage. I like to paint and draw, but not regularly. Love your profile pic, by the way!

14. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh, yes! i would really enjoy an art forum too!
    krita and medibang... looking into those. i was just talking with my partner yesterday about wanting either an ipad pro with apple pencil or a wacom (the last time i had a wacom it was 2004 or so i bet they have changed so much!)

when using gauche try not adding any water to the color you want to cover your mistakes. totally opaque and should do the trick!? I tried water color and couldn’t seem to get the flow right, i always curl the paper or turn it into way too many layers and the paper crumbles.

our city now has quite a few how-to work shops popping up at local art supply shops and the line, maybe i’ll try to find one to expand my knowledge of the paint and the techniques!?

if we can figure out how maybe uploading current art we are working on would be fun?

15. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi CGeekyGirl,
    I often hear terms in these cases such as fluid, bu-curious and the like. The best part is that you are young and seem open minded, I figured things out much later in life and looking back I likely knew at your age, I just didn’t know how to relate to it. There weren’t any relatable lesbians or bisexual women in my life or in the media and so I just wasn’t sure of what my feelings meant.

Anyhow, just go with the flow, I like what hmmm23968 said above.. you only need a label when you are ready for one, not for anyone else.

16. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi kkou! I am sorry to hear of the laws where you are. It must be quite challenging. Here it is legal, people may face job discrimination and/or harm by people who do not agree with alternative lifestyles, but the law is beginning to make changes towards acceptance, sometimes it is two steps forward and one step back with policy changes.

Finding this group has been so wonderful for me already, glad to hear the same from many others! I wish we could change the laws around the globe.

oh, collage is super fun! something i haven’t really done in ages, but really enjoyed. thank you, the profile pic of frida is one of my favorite paintings, i can relate to her so well, her sexuality, gender fluidity and chronic illness and pain. just like her i was in a terrible car accident in my youth and still suffer pain from it daily. she is such an inspiration to carry on and express myself through my art.

may i ask, do you have a certain amount of time you plan to stay in the country you are in, or do you have plans to move?

17. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hmmm23968, hey! nice to meet you here, sounds like we have a lot in common.

mmm. the caress of a woman is something that crosses my mind pretty often. i feel very lucky to have a partner who accepts me this way and i am preparing a longer post about that, perhaps to be posted as a blog, did i see that any user can post a blog type post somewhere here? thank you for admiring my commitment, it isn’t always easy.

i comment you for coming out as bi! sometimes i feel so invisible, both in my relationship and with friends in the lgbtqa... community. i feel like bisexual is more of an umbrella term, or maybe i am more sexually fluid.. the choices when making a profile were sort of limited.. but honestly i am just so glad to have a place like this to talk so openly!

do you have a favorite art medium?

can i ask if you live in an area where you felt safe and supported to come out?

18. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @merry !
    I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. The place I'm living now isn't my country of origin, but I've been living here because of my mom's job. It was our first time moving, and we moved very far from my home country. Since I'm 15 (freshman in high school/year 9 in middle years) I don't have much control over where I'm living with my family. I'll probably leave the country for university, not anytime sooner.
    I'm sorry to hear about your car accident! That must have been so scary.
    Nice to meet someone who likes Frida as well!

19. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, I see! Well, sounds like having a few years to grow as a person and artist where you are could be okay? Now that I have a family of my own and a business to run alone time sounds quite lovely, I sneak it in here and there in little bits. A single, simple painting or art project often gets interrupted and can take days to finish

Thank you, the accident was pretty scary.

Yes! Frida is such an inspiration to keep doing what you love, despite any obstacles.

20. hmmm23968

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hey Merry!

I am a singer/songwriter/actor/screenwriter and I live in New York city so the majority of my friends are in the LGBTQ community. It has definitely made all the difference when I told my family.

I do hope now that if/when I have a girlfriend my family and friends act as normal and accepting as they have told me they are.