1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to let a guy know you're into him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robishere, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh maybe. I didn't think about location.
    It's fairly inexpensive even in landlocked portions of california - only a little more extensive than normal food for a sit-down restraunt.

2. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For uncooked fish?

3. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Technically the "uncooked fish" is broken down in much the same way as cooking but to a lesser degree by the acids that are used to kill bacteria so it's not the same as being completely uncooked but if there is no water nearby, such as in Montana, I would imagine it is very expensive.

4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is cute. But if you are feeling bold then maybe write him a quick note. Something like, "I like you, and think you're cute," or, " I love it when you drop by". Something like that. If you're really gusty, put your number on there! Maybe he'll call you!

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please let us know how it goes!

Richard321 likes this.
  6. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone! So, nothing really exciting has happened lately. Only one thing. I had the same sticky note in my pocket on Thursday and planned on giving it to him if I got the chance. His shift ended like 30 minutes after mine started but before his ended he came into the shop just to talk to me but I didn't get the chance to give it to him.

Last week he saw me do a handshake with a regular customer that comes in everyday and who I get along with and ever since then he's been trying to do it with me, to barely any avail. On Thursday he walked in and immediately went in for that specific handshake but I didn't expect it and ended up letting go, but before he could take it back I grabbed his hand again and we did the whole handshake (after a few failed attempts lol hid hand is really soft!). Once the handshake was done, neither of us retrieved our hands for a few seconds then we let go and started talking. After very little conversation, he began questioning me about when I got off that day, then the next day, and the next (today), and tomorrow. I actually thought he was gonna ask me out or something. Anyways, our schedules barely coincided and he was very visibly irked by it. We'd only be at work at the same time for an hour or two. He turned away to leave, turned back around and said "I for one, think they should really change your schedule," he smiled at me, then left.

I'm now pretty much 99.9% sure he's definitely flirting with me so... I'll probably be seeing him on Monday and I'm really scared/nervous about what to do/say because I tend to laugh too much when he comes around. Can't say I'm not excited though! I'll update you all as soon as something happens. At this point, something HAS to happen next time I see him, I'll hate myself too much if I don't.

kkou, Maddox232003 and Richard321 like this.
  7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can say with pretty much 100% certainty he is into you. :slight_smile: I agree you should make a move and ask him out. He is giving you all the signs.

Robishere, Richard321 and Barbatus like this.
  8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck!

Robishere and Richard321 like this.
  9. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, it seems to be clear now - you like each other! Each of you likes the other and you both know it! That's so good. Now for the phone number exchange. Your colleagues at work must have noticed, too. So, how's that bit going? Good as well?

10. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How hard would be for you to change your schedule to line up with his at least a couple days during the week?

11. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work with 3 middle aged women and another guy a few years older than me but we never work together unless it's for like 30 minutes between shifts. 2 of the 3 women are very entitled and religious but only one has ever mentioned homosexuality and she's not very fond of it (She's a pastor's wife). Either way, I've been flirting away in front of them because when my crush comes by the shop it's like we're the only 2 people there. When he left the store on Thursday I turned around and all 3 of them were in the corner of the store looking at me so I'm somewhat sure they know something's going on and I couldn't care less.

12. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not very hard, actually... I have no idea why I never thought of this. I always get off at 6pm but his schedule is pretty unpredictable so maybe on Monday I could ask him about his schedule and then ask my boss to get off at the same time as him one of the days that week. Good idea.

DRobs likes this.
  13. MattF1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay I'm already addicted to this like a TV series... can't wait to see what happens next :laughing: all the best! :fingers_crossed::punch:

14. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Figure out what day is his day off + what time he gets off work the night before his off day.
    Change your schedule to match those specific days.

This will allow you the evening and the following "off day" to do something together.

15. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so still kind of struggling with this... ^^^

It seems like it's a cycle of good days where he comes by a few times and we talk a bunch and we're smiling at each other then 'bad' days where he doesn't quite necessarily ignore me... just seems kind of uninterested and kind of avoids me? Saw him this morning and we waved at each other and that was it. I went into his store a few times to see if I could talk to him but didn't succeed...

Yesterday (Monday) was great, though! We talked a bunch and I actually went into his store, went up to him while he was working tapped him on his shoulder (he jumped which was super cute) and I told him that one of these days we should have a conversation that lasts more than 2 minutes. He smiled from ear to ear and that was it because we both had to get back to work. After that, he kept smiling at me from afar and he stopped by for a drink one more time but the shop was flooded with people so once again, we couldn't talk.

Anyways, today I ended up going home kind of bummed out because I walked past him multiple times and he wouldn't even turn to look at me. I don't know if I did/said something wrong or anything? I feel like I haven't... Maybe he's a little uncomfortable flirting around his coworkers for a change and felt awkward? I don't know but he does this every once in a while and then one day he'll just come up to me like all smiley and cute as ever. This boy is kind of driving me crazy... and all of you along with me :joy:

DRobs likes this.
  16. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Robishere It sounds to me like you guys are falling into a routine where you've found a comfortable level of communication and any steps forward would require changing that routine. I don't know why he might be blanking you some days, most likely it is something like he is uncomfortable around certain co-workers or this might be the first time he's flirted this way or maybe he is just unsure how to move things forward. You mentioned that you think he might be anxious (if I recall correctly) so maybe he just had some days when it is worse?

Most importantly, what happened to giving him your number? If you really want to move things forward you are going to have to do that. Maybe write a note that says,

'Here's my number. We are both free at such and such a time. Let's go for coffee'

I get that it is a nerve wracking experience but a short straight to the point note would get the ball rolling. I think you are at risk of getting stuck where you are.

17. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *pewdiepie style* HmMmMmMmMm!

OMG! Sounds like you are having a wild ride. But a good one! I think yeah. Just try to get a time with him and talks and all those. With all signs now. He def is interested in you. And i would say he is kind of a shy type person near peoples he know to flirt with you? :joy::joy: Ah well, wish you all the best!

18. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so... I got his number!

I worked until noon today and he mentioned that he got in at 1:00pm earlier this week. I planned on staying until he got in but he actually came in half an hour early. He immediately came to the shop and got some snacks, I mentioned how he was relatively early considering his shift started at 1:00pm and it was 12:30pm which made him blush like crazy, so I already knew he came in early in hopes of seeing me. He got what he wanted and left because it was practically rush hour at the coffee shop I thought that would be it because he walked into the parking lot and out of my sight but I immediately punched out and stood around the front of the complex pretending to be on my phone. It didn't take too long for him to walk back! We talked for over half an hour and he even got to work a few minutes late just because we got so lost in the conversation! I'd left the note with my number on it at home so I was hoping for the perfect moment to ask him for his number but he caught me off guard and offered it to me! It's now been 6 hours since I got off and we've been texting back and forth since then. He's already mentioned doing something someday after work, just the two of us! I seriously can't believe this is happening and I don't know where to go from here but I am certainly EXCITED!!! He seems really cool and is the sweetest person ever, I can't wait to see what happens next... :smile:

kkou, Maddox232003 and RainbowGreen like this.
  19. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great. Really fantastic. Glad things have moved forward and wishing you all the best. Enjoy it all. :slight_smile:

Robishere likes this.
  20. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

Ooooh I'm jealous

Robishere and Maddox232003 like this.