1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I Was Gay Until...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by riley02, May 13, 2018.

1. riley02

So I’ve always been sure that I was gay. Like I fall in love with boys all the time. But just a couple of nights ago I got drunk and was hanging out with this girl I know. Idk what happened but now I don’t really know how I feel. I think I might like her but then again I didn’t think I liked girls. What’s happening to me?!?! (Obviously I know what bisexuality is but I never considered myself that, HELPPPP!!)

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would suggest you take some time to evaluate how you feel about this girl now that you are sober. I'm not saying it was all a drunken haze, but alcohol makes us act out of character and say/do things that we would never contemplate while sober. Personally, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what happened on a drunken night out, except to learn your limits.

3. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was there about 6 months ago :joy:

I'd never felt attracted to girls then all of a sudden I felt very confused about my feelings towards them, I never even had an experience like yours. I guess it was just curiosity. Thing is that I was very flustered and I came very, very close to hooking up with one of my female friends but all it took was one look at her *you know what* and I was 100% sure I'm gay. Don't hate yourself for questioning things, seek out the answer if you ever get the chance to.

Guywest79 likes this.
  4. Guywest79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you've read my posts...and I'm no expert....i think of sexuality as a range.....picture a line like I'll try to visualmy and grammatically describe. Picture a horizontal line. At one end such as left is pure homosexual at other end say 24 inches to the right, is pure straight....

Homosexual-------------------------------------------------------straight; I think I put myself most times to left end...but occasionally I'm into the odd girl.. I would stop short of wanting intercourse with a girl...never have done that.....so I don't know what it means 're liking a girl...lol

Robishere likes this.
  5. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Guywest79, sexuality is a spectrum. Some people identify as completely gay, some as completely straight, and others fall in between. Some people are born knowing their spot on the spectrum, other's take a little more time to figure it out and there's no shame in that!