1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think my parents and siblings will be surprised when I come out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RoryGullz1, May 16, 2018.

1. RoryGullz1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've never been masculine, and when I was younger, I always acted like a girl, I used to always play with the girls and was genuinely really feminine. I went to see sex and the city with my mother when I was aged 14 at the cinema, and she didn't bat an eyelid. She also let me buy girly stuff, and once helped me write a poem at school which was really feminine and instead about dragons, I talked about pixies etc. I'm nothing like I was, I've become much more masculine, but I always wonder if she has really deep down known. My parents never ever stopped me from acting like this, they just let me do it, but am terrified to come out. Do you think they are expecting this?

2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m not sure if they are expecting you to come out but because they let you be you when you were younger, I would suspect that they would be very accepting when you do come out.

My dad always had something negative to say if I did anything that could be considered feminine when I was a kid. Once I came out though he’s been totally accepting.

3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They might already know. Sometimes its hard to know for sure. I've heard lots of people say that their mom knew.

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, my mom did not know. But, if your parents never ask you specifically about girls then I figure they pretty much know.

5. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine already guessed lol. Not sure they really liked it but accepted it in the end when I said I didn't care what people thought