1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't know the name of my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CaptainAve, May 14, 2018.

1. CaptainAve

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alright so, I'll start with background info I guess.
    I'm a trans male who recently has come to term with myself. I'm pretty young, and I always thought that to be trans you had to like the opposite sex than the gender you transitioned to. I started joining LGBT forums, trying to find where I fit in. A good friend of mine told me how gender identity and sexual identity are different. He really helped me out.
    After a while of experimentation, I'll only date people using masculine pronouns. It doesn't matter is he's trans or not, I don't mind if they have a v*gina or a p*nis, I just am attracted to male pronouns. Does that make me gay? Can somebody help??

2. TheJack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you're attracted to male attributes and mannerism, that would technically make you gay.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That makes you an androphile. Instead of homosexuality, your sexual orientation is known as androphilia. So if someone asks you what you consider yourself (in full), you may say you’re a trans man androphile. There’s a very big chance that someone will ask what that means, since the term isn’t extremely well-known to society. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey @CaptainAve,

I believe that both @TheJack and @Anthemic are both technically right.

The important things to keep in mind, from my point of view, are that, first and foremost, gender identity and sexual orientation are separate things. U just have to work to have the best understanding of who ''you" really are.

U describe urself as a Trans male. All well and good so far, sir, because that describes ur gender identity. Then u say that u r more attracted to males. So, for ur sexual orientation, u could describe urself as a gay male, or, if u have qualms with that, @Anthemic's label of 'androphile' works, too. UktimUltim, though, it is up to u in terms of adopting any specific labels (or not adopting and labels at all.)

In the end, it's just about our personal identity and our connection with those whom we love...

Anthemic likes this.
  5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I completely agree with @Quantumreality. Labels are definitely not mandatory. You don’t have to be labeled if that’s not something you wish. As for me, I prefer to use a label because it helps me describe what I’m looking for in someone else, as well as helping others understand who I am. I think it helps others understand me because intimacy is a huge part of my personality.

For example, I usually tell people I’m a (mostly) feminine lesbian who is submissive. For a partner, I prefer someone who is equally in touch with their feminine and masculine qualities, but who takes the dominant role. So that means I’m attracted to women who seem more androgynous. :slight_smile:

6. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trans people can have any sexuality, just like cis people. I think it's important to keep in mind that genitals aren't a good indicator of what a person's gender is. You said you're attracted to people who use male pronouns, no matter what their genitals are, so that sounds to me like you're gay, or at least leaning more towards attraction to men. But as the others said, what label/s (if any) you go with is completely up to you!